Home Travel & Free Time

Best Album You’ve heard this year so far!!

2»

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by herman shadow


    totally agree with that.

    if a few blokes playing 2 chords over and over again and screaming is someones idea of the best album ever then they have a big shock coming to them when they discover real music.

    get some who,small faces,beatles,and the jam.

    then you'll hear what music is really about

    Thank you man. I am willing to a very large extent to be tolerant of other people's music and to always have an open mind when it comes to stuff I haven't heard before. That's how I got into Captain Beefheart, Jackson 5 and many other things. However, having heard the first Slipknot album, I'm utterly convinced that you couldn't have picked a more untalented group of twats and made some pre-fab image for them to step into. Please people, get yourself some proper music.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by jwf26


    Thank you man. I am willing to a very large extent to be tolerant of other people's music and to always have an open mind when it comes to stuff I haven't heard before. That's how I got into Captain Beefheart, Jackson 5 and many other things. However, having heard the first Slipknot album, I'm utterly convinced that you couldn't have picked a more untalented group of twats and made some pre-fab image for them to step into. Please people, get yourself some proper music.
    But the thing about this, is that the people who listen to Slipknot (just an example) obviously enjoy it, so why tell them to appreciate "real" music? The point is, people have different tastes, some music is only better than others in the basis of peoples opinions. So, you don't like Slipknot, doesn't make it not "proper" music.
    And for the record, I am not a Slipknot fan.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Lorna

    But the thing about this, is that the people who listen to Slipknot (just an example) obviously enjoy it, so why tell them to appreciate "real" music? The point is, people have different tastes, some music is only better than others in the basis of peoples opinions. So, you don't like Slipknot, doesn't make it not "proper" music.
    And for the record, I am not a Slipknot fan.

    at least 50% of them dont enjoy it, its done to keep up an image.

    this thread is about best album you've heard this year. albums consist of music. someone screaming over a couple of chords isnt music.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by herman shadow


    at least 50% of them dont enjoy it, its done to keep up an image.

    this thread is about best album you've heard this year. albums consist of music. someone screaming over a couple of chords isnt music.

    Hee hee, this'll piss off all those slipknot/ marilyn manson fans.
    Face facts, the only type of decent music is R n'B (with a little bit of hip hop and a light sprinkling of garage).
    Not that anyone here seems to ever agree with that (what is wrong with you people?!?).

    btw, I agree that a lot of peole only like that kind of music for the image, like a lot of white people I know only like garage and rap for the same reason.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jwf...you're a total tosser!! sorry but you are!! You think what you like is the best in the world and think you are the best in the world and have absolutley no faults..I can say that you do have faults..one being the fact you are a tosser:D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by herman shadow


    at least 50% of them dont enjoy it, its done to keep up an image.

    Firstly, do you know 50% of Slipknot fans? And don't get me wrong, I'm not specifically trying to defend them, its all this "my music is superior to yours" that pisses me off.
    But I ain't gonna question yours because you like the Stone Roses. :D Yayness!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Nellyluva2

    Hee hee, this'll piss off all those slipknot/ marilyn manson fans.
    Face facts, the only type of decent music is R n'B (with a little bit of hip hop and a light sprinkling of garage).
    Not that anyone here seems to ever agree with that (what is wrong with you people?!?).

    Sorry not to go along with your Devil's Advocate stylee taunting, but anyone who says that there is only one specific type of music that is "decent" has no musical understanding at all.
    Yeah, some R'n'B is cool but at the same time, so is the Jazz that inevitably inspired it. Better still, is the stuff that is actually Rhythm and Blues (ie. not of this century but of the 40s and 50s). Check some of that out.
    No I'm not a Slipknot or Marilyn Manson fan as it seems way too much of a cliched trend and not even music that I enjoy listening to, but the same goes for the "R n'B (with a little bit of hip hop and a light sprinkling of garage)" that you advocate. It's all about image and stereotypes, not the music.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by crazysexycool


    Sorry not to go along with your Devil's Advocate stylee taunting, but anyone who says that there is only one specific type of music that is "decent" has no musical understanding at all.
    Yeah, some R'n'B is cool but at the same time, so is the Jazz that inevitably inspired it. Better still, is the stuff that is actually Rhythm and Blues (ie. not of this century but of the 40s and 50s). Check some of that out.
    No I'm not a Slipknot or Marilyn Manson fan as it seems way too much of a cliched trend and not even music that I enjoy listening to, but the same goes for the "R n'B (with a little bit of hip hop and a light sprinkling of garage)" that you advocate. It's all about image and stereotypes, not the music.

    Chill out, I was joking.
    I know there is not just one genre of music that is 'decent.' It is the genre I prefer, anyways I was joking.

    Maybe I was taunting you a little, what can I say I'm a liddle bitch
    :p
    I knew no one would agree with me, I'm so alone...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by HipHopChick
    Jwf...you're a total tosser!! sorry but you are!! You think what you like is the best in the world ...
    Well isn't that what a music taste is all about??!! You really are quite stupid. I guess it comes from living in Yorkshire. The whole point of a music taste is that you think it is the best in the world and that is why you like it so much. What an inbred.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by herman shadow


    at least 50% of them dont enjoy it, its done to keep up an image.

    this thread is about best album you've heard this year. albums consist of music. someone screaming over a couple of chords isnt music.

    This just goes to reaffirm my theory on goths. To piss off all the people that already hate me, I don't care so switch off now!
    Ok the goth theory goes thus;

    Say about 5-10 years ago, the refuge of geeks was computers. That is pretty much given. Now however, everyone pretty much is computer literate to one degree or another and so the geeks have to find somewhere else to congregate and to find refuge thus they resort to gothism (if that's a word). So in other words, goths are just the next stop of the geek express. QED. Point proved. Hate mail to the usual address.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by jwf26

    Well isn't that what music taste is all about??? You really are quite stupid. The whole point about a music taste is that you think it is the best is the world. God what an inbred

    Are you joking??
    Maybe you are and I've misinterpreted you but if not then HipHopChick is right, you are a tosser.
    Liking music is about what you like but also being able to appreciate other peoples tastes too. If you can't manage to do that then surely you are an ignorant fool.


    Maybe you just say all this to get a reaction from people...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Nellyluva2

    Liking music is about what you like

    Well no shit sherlock! Otherwise the verb 'liking' at the beginning would be a little out of place! I can appreciate other people's tastes but the thing about music taste is that to one degree or another you still can't understand why other people do not share the taste. HipHopChick or whatever she's called, does display rather inbred qualities. I'm just saying that people who like things like Slipknot should at least explore the genre a little more and find Black Sabbath or Judas Priest or someone. Herman dude is very right in saying that at least 1/2 of the people who subscribe to the whole goth/death stuff are really in it for the image. Read my goth theory which I posted earlier and it will explain all...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    best album this year..

    the sweet sound of a inocent young child being sexually abused - voume III
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by mahoney
    best album this year..

    the sweet sound of a inocent young child being sexually abused - voume III

    Aren't jokes supposed to have some humour in them?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by jwf26

    Herman dude is very right in saying that at least 1/2 of the people who subscribe to the whole goth/death stuff are really in it for the image.
    How can you possibly now this? Fair enough, say "I think most of the people into this kind of music are in it for the image" but stereotyping so largely is not a good way to make a point. And maybe these people have explored further, but didn't like what they found?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nah Jwf you are still a tosser!! Me? inbred? whatever:rolleyes: you are actually making me laff cos you are such a dick! *laffs again cos she cant believe jwf is actually serious*
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    out of a matter of interst jwf...whats your fave band or style of music?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by herman shadow


    totally agree with that.

    if a few blokes playing 2 chords over and over again and screaming is someones idea of the best album ever then they have a big shock coming to them when they discover real music.

    get some who,small faces,beatles,and the jam.

    then you'll hear what music is really about

    Excuse me?? Who are you lot to judge us on liking Slipknot?? Have we judged your musical tastes?? Uhh NO!! We should be entitled to like whoever the hell we like, and being judged on our opinion, is worse than Jade's irritating yawning!!

    DON'T mock people on their musical tastes, it's up to them what they like, NOT you!!!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by QuEeN FrEaK


    Excuse me?? Who are you lot to judge us on liking Slipknot?? Have we judged your musical tastes?? Uhh NO!! We should be entitled to like whoever the hell we like, and being judged on our opinion, is worse than Jade's irritating yawning!!

    DON'T mock people on their musical tastes, it's up to them what they like, NOT you!!!!


    i reiterate slipknot isnt music.
    feel free to judge my musical tastes. find some faults in the beatles,the who, the stone roses,the jam etc. i challenge you.
    i didnt even judge you anyway just voiced my opinion. isnt that what discussion forums are all about,discussing opinions?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    see this through and leave by the cooper temple clause, but in a few weeks i'm sure it will be idlewilds new lp.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    gotta be DJ Tiesto - In My Memory, wicked album.. was released yesterday!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    seafood- when do we start fighting (re-issue)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Soma
    seafood- when do we start fighting (re-issue)

    brilliant album, great live band too
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Geeze so many to choose from:
    1. Rammstein - Mutter (OK I heard it last year but I heard the tour edition this year :D Still my fave album of all time)
    2. Mushroomhead - XX
    3. American Headcharge - The War Of Art
    4. KoRn - Untouchables
    5. Killswitch Engage - Alive Or Just Breathing
    6. Soil - Scars

    ....In that order
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It would appear that I have been too damning in my opinions as the admin dude put it, I need to 'play nice'. So I will I'm afraid. My bigoted opinions will now be suppressed behind aesthetically pleasing mediocre ones. You have been warned.
    Did I mention the best album this year? Maladroit by Weezer

    I bet it was HipHopChick that reported me... Hmm, no hard feelings!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it werent me actually..but well done to whoever did!! :D:D...no hard feelings :cool:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    R&B

    Nice to see people discussing blues and jazz on here! :)

    I'm personally moved by a wide variety of black music - all of which is pretty much rooted in the blues.....

    I can appreciate white pop music like the Beatles, the Small Faces and The Jam... but for me that's all it is.... POP music!
Sign In or Register to comment.