Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Currently addicted desperate to be sober

Sara23Sara23 Deactivated Posts: 4 Newbie
Haven't slept for 4 days and used all my rent money to maintain my high. I'm mentally ill so drugs are an instant relief. I've tried calling organisations but nobody is available on a Saturday. I want to get sober but I'm so scared

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,133 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to The Mix @Sara23. It is great to see you have joined us.

You have been really brave and strong in sharing this with us. It helps us to hear what you are currently experiencing.

It sounds like you are currently seeking drugs as an instant relief for being mentally ill but you would like to get sober. I can hear how this means you are feeling so scared.

Would you like to share a little more with us, such as what part makes you feel the most scared? It sounds like a really difficult time for you at the moment.

We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us. Additionally, you have mentioned not sleeping for 4 days and using all your rent money to maintain your high.

How are you coping at the moment and would anything help your sleep and financial situation? It sounds like you have tried calling organisations but found nobody was available on a Saturday.

Some resources you might find useful include:
    • Addiction Helper - An organisation called Addiction Helper offers free confidential addiction treatment advice including private treatment options for people addicted to alcohol, drug-taking, gambling, eating or sexual habits. They also provide much needed advice and support for the families of addicts and information about addictions and mental health issues. You can call them on 0800 144 8543 or request a callback on their website, available 24 hours 7 days a week. You can also e-mail them at info@addictionhelper.com. If you would like more information, please visit their website at www.addictionhelper.com
    • Frank - There’s a service called FRANK which offers advice and information to anyone concerned about drug or solvent use. Their phoneline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and you can call on 0300 123 6600. You can also email at frank@talktofrank.com or text on 82111. They have live chat available everyday via their website from 2pm-6pm. For further information, you can visit www.talktofrank.com
    • NHS Urgent Mental Health Helpline - The NHS has urgent mental health helplines available 24/7 to people of all ages. You can phone to get 24-hour advice and support for either yourself or someone else you are concerned about; help to speak to a mental health professional or an assessment to help decide on the best course of care. Using the tool on their website you can search for a service that is relevant to your age and in your area. This service is available in England only and is primarily over the phone. To find your mental health helpline and start accessing some support, head to their website on https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/mental-health/find-an-urgent-mental-health-helpline

Hopefully, you will find these resources at least semi-useful. Please also feel free to keep us in the loop with how you are doing, we are all here for you and listening to you :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Hi @Sara23, as Laura said, thank you so very much for coming online to talk to us at The Mix, we are grateful to have you here <3

I know it's not always easy to express such vulnerable thoughts to people, so thank you so much for being so clear about how your addiction is impacting you and causing you a lot of pain. Given how overwhelming and distressing your mental health is, it's no wonder that the drugs are able to provide you some relief and space away from all of that mental anguish. It's completely understandable how things have become much harder at a rapid pace.

The fact that you are keen to seek out support is already brilliant, especially given how challenging your current situation is. Fearing the security of your living situation is especially concerning, I'm sure, because having a home is essential to feeling as safe as possible.

I know that Laura has already provided some organisations available for support with drug use, so I'll just add one more:

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/recreational-drugs-alcohol-and-addiction/drug-and-alcohol-addiction-useful-contacts/

This is a list of addiction related services, and I thought I would share the whole list, because different organisations have different approaches to addiction. Some support people to completely halt any use of drugs, whereas others work to allow people to use drugs in a more manageable way.

I really do hope that you will be able to find some peace with this, as you really do deserve it.

Huge hugs from me <3 xxx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.