Home Articles
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why Do Men Cross Dress? What Cross Dresser Means | The Mix

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited November 2022 in Articles
imageWhy Do Men Cross Dress? What Cross Dresser Means | The Mix

Why do men cross dress? The Mix looks at a real life story of a closet cross dresser and explains what being a cross dresser means.

Read the full story here

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    iwishididntexistiwishididntexist Deactivated Posts: 1 Just got here
    I'll tell you what happened to me, and how I've been treated since I "came out" here in Austin, Texas. This started occurring out of nowhere at the beginning of the Covid pandemic. First off, I started noticing people video recording me with their phones in public seemingly at random. This progressed to car vandalism, tracking devices being installed along with secret cameras and mics being placed in different areas of the car, inside and out. Eventually, I couldn't be at home, or even at a hotel without people being at my door, snake-ing boroscopes under the door gap. At night in my car, infrared flashlights would be used along with a smartphone app to record every little thing I was doing. I was a victim of several vehicle and home break ins, my car was stolen once, and I was shot at while driving, the radically invasive projectile bullet missing my body by less than six inches and lodging in the steering wheel. The police, having been defunded, have been less than helpful or even interested in assisting. In fact, there have been several indications that some of the officers on the force may be involved in the criminal activity.
    All of this over the span of two and a half years. My life has been ruined, and literally nobody cares. Not my former friends, not my parents or siblings, and not even my new friends, who I sometimes feel may not actually be friends at all. I live in Hell every day of my life now. What a showcase story for the "acceptance", "support", and "tolerance" that Austin loves to advertise to the rest of the country. It's all lies. Complete and total lies. The people here.....are sick. They are sociopaths en masse. It's a terrifying place to live. And not only for me. For many others as well, ever since the conservatives moved in by the thousands to "take back Austin", which they are succeeding in doing, by the way. Austin is no longer liberal. At all. In any way shape or form. But they continue to peddle the lie to attract more eole like me into their trap.They want to kill me. They've tried to kill me already. Eventually, they will kill me. I've tried to move away and it's worse in other cities. At least in Austin I know the streets and the roads and my little hiding places. Unfortunately things are so bad overall, that despite the Hell on earth that is my existence, this is the safest place for me. Thank you world. Thank you America. Thank you everybody, for everything you've done to me because I chose to be myself.
    Sort of a different story than the published one, but each individual is unique. Isn't that right.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Sort of a different story than the published one, but each individual is unique. Isn't that right.
    Quite right, @iwishididntexist.

I was really moved by your story and could feel the weight behind your words. It was powerful to read and I imagine it took courage to write, so thank you for sharing it. 💚

As important as it is to hear stories of acceptance, it's also important for people to hear the very real suffering inflicted on queer people in different places. The fight for trans rights is a hard fought one here in the UK, and I know you guys across the pond are dealing with even stronger political and cultural forces than we are, and my heart goes out to all of you.

I know it probably doesn't feel like it, and I don't know how much this is worth when you're quite literally fighting for your life, but there are people out there who care and places where you could truly belong. You matter and you deserve support and happiness.

I noticed you're over 25 and based in the US, so The Mix is very limited in what it can offer you as a service. I know you didn't necessarily come here looking for that, but if you do want someone to talk to or you feel unsafe (emotionally or physically), you could try the National LGBT Hotline (888-843-4564) or Trans Lifeline ((877) 565-8860) if you haven't already.

Hang in there, comrade. 💚
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    @iwishididntexist I can imagine how frightening it might be there. Especially when you feel like you are not accepted. That itself is a frightening and horrifying thing, to feel like you don't belong. I feel like there should be more acceptance for trans rights to be honest as trans rights are human rights. Also, I hear that the police out there weren't that helpful at all. I bet that must be frustrating when the law doesn't even do anything to help.

I also agree with @Mike as over here in the UK we are still fighting for trans rights. I believe that trans rights are very important and that the police should be doing more to protect the trans community.

I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through all of that. Hope you are okay and safe,

Sending hugs,

Amy22 ♥
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films