Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

An observation of a Star

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,910 Community Veteran
Hi, I know this isn't really creative, but it's something I thought about last night when I was looking at the night sky. In a way I guess it is an observation of the star I saw last night. I tend to look up at stars in the night sky sometimes, when I can't sleep. I guess you could say I'm a big fan of stars in the sky especially constellations.

I feel like there is something relaxing about the stars and their presence on us especially during night time. I feel like there is something or someone above looking down or even watching me, and this creates a sense of calm that washes over me, soothing my tired soul into a peaceful and deepful slumber. Last night there was one star in the sky, and I think I might have seen a second, standing at a distance from each other. I find it interesting how when we look up at a group of stars, they seem together in close proximity to each other. However, these stars are billions and billions of miles away from each other. It must be isolating in a way, being a star. I wonder if the stars are aware of the other stars around them, or do they stay in their isolation unaware of the billions of other stars in the night time sky.

When I saw this star, I thought about people. I thought about human beings in general. Just like stars, we are miles away from each other, starting off as strangers to each other. But, we are closer to each other than we think, just like how stars are observed at night. Humans are like stars, beautiful and wonderful to look at. The more you look at a human, like a star, you will notice more details, hidden details. You will see the thin lines of their story being told across their faces and in hidden details which take more of a closer observation than just a glance. I guess humans too lead isolating lives like stars in a way, unaware of the brilliant and amazing people around them. These many people often go unnoticed in life, but they are the stars they keep us going. Humans are like stars. Be more like a star, shining bright and beautiful when you go.

Signing off for a another time,

Amy22
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Comments

• Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,910 Community Veteran
    Lol just read this back and it's meant to say where not when lol 😂
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Binary star systems are actually very common. Binary system meaning two stars in orbit around one another. So perhaps they're not always as isolated as you think. ^^ Take from that whatever meaning you will aha.

Agreed though I've always been a big fan of cosmology, and in particular, a fan of stars and the life cycles of stars. There are some very interesting things you can learn about and from them. A lot of philosophy and mythology from different cultures seems to take inspiration from the universe and vice versa. Most of the planets in our solar system are named after Greek and Roman Gods. Greek mythology is another interest of mine so I really love the overlap! :D Makes me wanna look for and learn something new in the space. It's been a while since I payed super close attention, not since I left sixth form and stopped doing Physics.
    @Supernova I'm glad you enjoyed what I wrote. I found what you said about the binary system to be very interesting and it makes me feel more interested in learning about cosmology in particular. I also am a fan of Greek mythology and roman mythology too.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    You might enjoy one of my favourites then. There is a binary star system where the stars are called Kronos and Krios, after the Greek Titans. The star Kronos has a similar, but different (more abundant) chemical composition to the other star Krios. The explanation for this is that Kronos essentially consumed its own planets - the same way the Titan Kronos ate his children in the mythology.
    @Supernova Wow that is so cool! Thanks for sharing that with me, thats pretty cool to think there is a binary star system named after the titan king Kronos and Krios. It's almost makes the greek mythology tales feel real in a way.