Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help. SH

SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
Having a bad night and bad life and SH cause I’m sad. Finding it hard to stop rn
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    How do you know when you need medical help if it’s not your ‘normal’ way of self harming
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Siobhan

I'm so sorry things are difficult right now, do you think you would find it useful to talk about why you've had a bad night and a bad life? You don't have to if you don't feel comfortable sharing - no pressure!

Do you feel as though your self harm is treatable at home? if not you should seek medical attention. Without knowing the way in which you self harmed it's difficult to suggest whether you would need medical help or not.

I hope this was some sort of help, were all here for you if you'd like to talk about your feelings <3
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @Siobhan I’m really sorry you were feeling this way last night ☹️ Can we talk some more about what’s been going on for you? Anything you want to share that may have triggered this, or nothing in particular and just feeling awful?

Always here for you
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    Thanks. I had a problem at work with my self harm so I had to tell a manager. Manager rang ambulance. But wouldn’t bring ambulance so two managers have dropped me off at a&e
    I’m scared I’m going to get suspended. I didn’t do it in work hours it was the night before but problem came up and they said needs stitches and is bad so ringing 999. I kept saying yeah dont neee to do that as it is not bad and asking if I’m going to be suspended but didn’t say much about it
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @Siobhan did it go ok at the hospital? I understand the fear about repercussions at work but genuinely don’t believe you can be suspended for hurting yourself (imagine if you were poorly with Covid or something and they suspended you for that?). Have you managed to speak to anyone from work about it to clarify?

Really hope you’re doing ok, sending hugs 💜
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    Lucy307 wrote: »
    Hey @Siobhan did it go ok at the hospital? I understand the fear about repercussions at work but genuinely don’t believe you can be suspended for hurting yourself (imagine if you were poorly with Covid or something and they suspended you for that?). Have you managed to speak to anyone from work about it to clarify?

Really hope you’re doing ok, sending hugs 💜

Thank you But I’ve already been suspended twice and mostly down to hurting myself. They deemed me too unwell to be at work so yeah can happen:(. Scared I’ll lose my job this time but I haven’t heard from them yet