Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Photo Challenge 3: Summer

Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
Hello all,

I hope you are all well. I am setting up photo challenge 3 for all of our wonderful community members, in line with the usual board guidelines.

Challenge 3 I am setting you will be over the next two weeks! I don't know about you but I am starting to feel those summer vibes.

I thought it would be really positive if you could post a photo of the thing you are looking forward to this summer.

For me, this would be:
- More sunshine and blue skies
- Upcoming cinema trips
- Slush puppies

If any of you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Otherwise, I will look forward to seeing your posts! :)
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    I'm looking forward to spending more time outdoors! Here's a photo of some cute ducks I saw a few weeks ago!

aphjya1q0r1s.jpg
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    More time outdoors sounds great @Aife. Thanks for sharing your outdoor photo with us and the ducks in particular!

Does anyone else have any particular favourite places they like to go to in the summer? @sinead276 I can see you have seen this thread - hello :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • kaiikaii Posts: 434 Listening Ear
    8f88b3oxlhs4.jpeg

I really love to learn languages, so I’m definitely looking forward to improving my Japanese and to continue learning Korean by myself during the summer :smile:

As for my favourite places that I like to go to in the summer, Philippines has got to be one of them! The heat there can be unbearable sometimes, but I love it there! I haven’t been there in a while, it would be good to go back there soon ^^

Thank you so much for this thread @Laura_tigger82 <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,004 Wise Owl
    I second more time outdoors, even if it's just going for a walk. I'm also looking forward to doing more travelling/exploring, whether that be abroad or in the UK.

Although I have only recently (last year) started travelling abroad, I will say I do love the Spanish weather and overall vibe.

On a non-travel related note, my goal is to do more reading this summer - i love to do it I just hadn't had the time with university and stuff

Hope everyone stays well - also love the thread :)<3
  • jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    I love this thread thanks @Laura_tigger82

Wow @kaii thats so cool!!

I guess for me it would be getting to spend some more time with my family, and the hot weather (if the sun decides to come out again)
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
    Thanks for sharing your appreciation @kaii, @sinead276 and @jess63 :)

@kaii - I hope you enjoy spending time learning languages! Will you be able to go to the Philippines this summer (or soon) if it’s your fave place? Hopefully, you can, it sounds great :)

@sinead276 – I hope you enjoy spending more time outdoors, even if it’s just going for a walk. This will be my plan too. Similarly, I hope you also enjoy more time travelling/exploring, whether that be abroad or in the UK. Where would your ideal place be to travel to or explore? I’m guessing Spain but please do correct me if I’ve not got this right! I hear how you might not have had the time to do things you enjoy with university and stuff. I hope you get to enjoy reading over the summer – what is next on your reading list? I hope you stay well too :)

@jess63 – Has the sun come out for you again yet? Hopefully, it has and then you can enjoy the hot weather and spend time with your family! :)
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,076 Boards Champion
    Hi, :) Im defo looking forward to more sunset walks with my doggo along the clifs, especially when you get ace sunsets like this one in the pic 😍🤩 :)dfk7a3wupa5o.jpg
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,004 Wise Owl
    @Laura_tigger82

As much as I love Spain, I do want to travel around other European countries, especially Italy. And in regards to what's next on the reading list, I have no idea at the moment :D

Sinead <3
  • kaiikaii Posts: 434 Listening Ear
    @Laura_tigger82 Thank you! Unfortunately I won't be able to go back this summer :bawling: but I'll probably go back 2 years from now :smile:
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
    @Chloe234 - Hi :) I am glad you are looking forward to more sunset walks with your doggo. It looks really peaceful! Thanks for sharing this sunset with us :)

@sinead276 - I hope you get to travel to other European countries, like Italy. I can hear how lovely it is to visit new places, despite how much you love Spain. Oooh, drum roll for what you might read next! :)

@kaii - You are welcome! Yay, hopefully you can go back 2 years from now and those 2 years go quickly for you :)
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I was really looking forward to spending some time away with my family , was just lovely to get away from the busyness of livning in a city down to the seaside

amt84x23nz79.jpeg
    445r2wtdvmc6.jpeg
    8ggfbcef9dmk.jpeg

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Oooh, that looks lovely and relaxing @Millie2787. Thanks for sharing these photos with us. Glad you enjoyed spending time away with your family and at the seaside :)