Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

friends

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
why do they ignore 'wat do i do with my feelings'
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• fiona333fiona333 Posts: 141 Helping Hand
    Hi @ellie2000
    first so sorry to hear you are going through this, but glad you felt able to reach out to people! Feelings can be so difficult to manage and navigate, this might be why you felt ignored, sometimes others do not know how to manage them either and struggle to give advice, especially to people they care about.

Sometimes just talking about how you feel and having someone just there and to listen, can do wonders.

I find journaling or writing a letter to myself can be helpful, as I often struggle to express myself and having it all laid out helps me to pinpoint exactly how I feel or what is really causing me upset. When I have difficulty moving on from my feelings, I have found putting all my negative feelings on a piece of paper and tearing it up helpful, as I have accepted them and feel able to move on.

Whatever you find useful, your friends may also! :)
  • MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 617 Incredible Poster
    Hey there,

I agree with everything that @fiona333 has said.

It's good to reach out to friends but sometimes friends might not always be able to help us. Emotions can be difficult, especially if they are strong emotions, and your friends might not know how to help you or what to suggest. Sometimes friends might struggle with their own feelings too.

Are there other people you trust in your life that you can talk to? A trusted adult, such as a parent, or a counsellor might be able to help you if you have strong feelings that you don't know how to cope with.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    parents just take me to doctor, on the first convo with ppl i mite say something mean no friend
    Crazy mad insane
    ive exhausted all services in at home, would they b avalible in different area
    Crazy mad insane
  • StellalunaStellaluna Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    @ellie2000 It could be useful when having an intense emotion to pause, acknowledge and accept this by saying “I am feeling… right now”. "I feel angry right now. I am upset". Then if you feel comfortable, you could notice how your body feels and allow yourself to experience your emotions and trust these intense feelings will pass. It could be an idea to distract yourself with something, like music, going for a walk, and noticing your surroundings by describing what you see, hear, smell and touch.
    Another way of processing intense emotions could be by writing these down or colouring in a colouring in book. Remember, you are not your emotions, and any uncomfortable ones will pass with time. If it helps, you could repeat to yourself “These feelings will pass”. If any similar negative emotions persist for several weeks, it might be worth seeking professional help.

It might be possible to access services outside your local area, but I would speak to your GP first. Have you tried any mental health charities, like Mind or tried online therapy sessions or a helpline? What type of therapy would you be drawn to: face to face or online?
    wats online therapy, wats tht organisation tht u can spend nites at
    Crazy mad insane
    wats a title of coulouring book
    Crazy mad insane
  • StellalunaStellaluna Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    @ellie2000 Online therapy involves getting mental health help and support through the internet. There is always online support here at The Mix where you can choose from various online options, including online messaging or emails. There are also options to chat with counselors or use their helpline https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team.

The Samaritans have a helpline on 116 123 and they also have email chat and a mental health tracking app. Here is the link for more information: https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqrLkhfna-AIVhu3tCh3U9gbNEAAYASAAEgK_VfD_BwE

Crayola have some free printable colouring pages you could try before buying a book to see if colouring in helps you feel better: https://www.crayola.com/featured/free-coloring-pages/

Do you think you would benefit more from an organisation you can spend nights at?