Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A lost autistic girl

Hello my names Georgia I’m new here I’m not sure what I’m doing but I just thought I’d say hi 🙂

I really am struggling to understand why I’m the way I am I don’t see myself differently like I can do in some it’s really frustrating to me I want to be like everyone else but it’s like my brain doesn't know how all the things I have clash and it makes life really hard

Thanks for reading please say hi 👋🏻

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hi Georgia, welcome to the mix, its nice to meet you
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hello @Musickeepsmegoing00. Welcome to The Mix's community. It is great to see you have joined us.

You have shown so much courage by reaching out for support today. Thanks for sharing this with us.

It sounds like you are struggling to process the autism differences. This is because you are struggling to understand why you are the way you are rather than like everyone else.

What do you feel that everyone else is like that you are not like and want to be? Life may feel really hard with some clashing with your autism but you are doing really well, especially at recognising where you are at with things at the moment.

Please keep us up to date with how things are for you, we are all here for you :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Welcome to the forum Georgia! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    edited April 2022
    Hello Nice to meet you :)