Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What's made you smile today?

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Knowing so many people care. Had so many nice messages from people online and in person today. Made me smile because it just felt Less alone
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Teddys update along with his picture

Feels like I’ve got a kid and I just had a school report on how good he is 😆

sunx1wh7he3v.jpeg
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    I know this is going to sound so geeky but The Wanted released their first album in 7 years and I'm so happy to be able to listen to them again :)
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    edited January 2022
    My friends talking about what nickname they want on their graduation hoodies at the end of year 11
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    All of these are such amazing things! Thanks for sharing them with us <3

I smiled at kindness :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Seeing my PA after a week away on holiday
    My sister is pregnant and she had the scan and heard the heart beat today
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • fiona333fiona333 Posts: 141 Helping Hand
    People being supportive and kind on social media. I often have very mixed feelings about social media, and it’s refreshing to see people use it positively.
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,004 Wise Owl
    Literally stuff as small as putting on music and having a bit of a sing-song can put a smile on my face. That or when you come across a funny or cute video online
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,912 Community Veteran
    I saw my friends at my local hub today and had a lovely chat and catch up
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • ilovetaylorswiftilovetaylorswift Posts: 96 Budding Regular
    General chat really made me feel better today <3 and college seems to be going better than last year.. i'm talking to more people outside my OG friends and it's so refreshing
  • fiona333fiona333 Posts: 141 Helping Hand
    feeling supported by others ❤️

I got colleague of the quarter at work. Cause people actually voted for me. I am so happy. And Which means I’ve got a £25 gift card to spend in store. How cute. I’ve never felt this appreciated before. I don’t know anyone who would of voted for me. But they did and that makes me so happy.
    I was feeling so tired and so depressed but then I received that and now I’m suddenly not tired lol
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I always try to my twin laugh and today I made her almost choke on her food with my antics
  • SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 761 Part of The Mix Family
    ( yesterday but still makes me smile)

I went to lush and was very overwhelmed, i dont like it in their but wanted to get a gift set for mum. A worker came over to help me,i stuttered and handflapped the whole time. I was really overstimulated and unhappy. While i was in the queue the worker handed me something. It was a bar of soap, a kindness gift they called it.
    It made me smile which i really needed before my shift. I said thankyou but i wish i couldve said it less flustered. That kind worker has no idea what difference he made to my day.
    You're awesome!
    Some younger students decided to do a little prank today at school. They put some sort of gel thing on the door handles in the art block which the head of art then had to go and clear up. I know that's not really funny but it's funny how the younger students came up with such a weird prank.
    I had a little dance party in class this morning. Me and some classmates were in the Photography studio and we had some music on and we all started dancing along. We were also doing our work.
  • Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Seeing a good Meme always makes my day!
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • M3GANx04M3GANx04 Posts: 61 Boards Initiate
    There's always cows, sheep, ducks etc. on my university campus. Had a lecture today and seeing them always brightens up my day a little bit :)
  • JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    Today I learnt that otters hold hands when sleeping to not drift away in the water. Its the cutest thing I've ever seen!! :love:

vancouver-otters-holding-hands-e1683722580896-1024x683.jpeg

Image taken from https://www.americanoceans.org/blog/otters-holding-hands/ (this site explains it really well and gives some other cool info)
    Believe in me - who believes is you
    Yesterday me and my friend were on our way to the bus stop on our way home from school and we found an empty shopping trolley. So then we decided to play around in it and push eachother along. My friend then crashed into a lamppost when it was my turn to climb into the trolley. No trollies (or people) were harmed in the entertainment experienced.
    Dancer wrote: »
    No trollies (or people) were harmed in the entertainment experienced.

@Dancer You haven't mentioned lampposts...
    JJLemon18 wrote: »

No lampposts were harmed either.
    JJLemon18 wrote: »

No lampposts were harmed either.

Phew! That's great to hear.
    Lilah (my niece) she was smiling at me so much today. My hearttt. Sometimes I couldn’t tell if I was making her laugh or if she was about to cry but it was a the cutest noises. Feel like everyday she gets more and more clever. She can roll over now too. So cuteee
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Blessed with the best … cuddles from both doggos this morning.

xld5twzxmasg.jpeg
    d6y39qzizp3y.jpeg
    6xug87no5ml3.jpeg
    70y8wl72k400.jpeg
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    One of my classmates was giving out free Baby Bells (cheese) this morning lol.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    A restful morning watching Sing On on Netflix - after a late night out watching a country music theatre show! :)