Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Look after you!

BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
This is your gentle reminder that it's not selfish to look after you or your mental health, it's a necessity!

This week-end do something for yourself, something that makes you happy. It can be as little as watching your favourite film/tv show, or eating your favourite snack, to playing with old toys (that's always a good one to let your inner child out) or going outside. You're important, and you matter.

Have a wonderful week-end, sending love and strength to anyone who needs it, let me know what you choose to do for yourself this week-end/week, I'd love to hear about it! <3

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @Brookee

Thanks for your supportive post. I can confirm that even though I am in the depths of my dissertation I took the evenings off last night and Saturday. On Saturday I watched The Masked Singer and Limitless (quiz show) with my family. You are your most important priority! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Oh this is such a wonderful thread thank you @Brookee , I think everyone needs to be reminded of this from time to time I know I certainly did today!
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @Laura_tigger82 That's so wonderful to hear, I'm really pleased you've taken some very vital time out for yourself, and given yourself some well needed down time, you work incredibly hard, so you deserve it!

@Riley Thanks so much, Riley! I'm so pleased it's helped you, and I hope you're doing really well!

@Zay Of course! That sounds like such a wonderful time you've had, it's so lovely to hear that you let your inner child out, and had a good time. I know how hard you've been working recently, so it's always great to see you letting go and having some time for yourself <3
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    ❤️❤️
    @Riley – Very true! I think everyone can benefit from this. I hope you are well and taking care of yourself. If you need anything, we are here for you too :)

@Zay - Yay! I am really glad to hear you have enjoyed spending some time with your family. Quality family time is super precious. Taking care of yourself certainly does have a positive impact on your mental health :)

@Brookee - Aww thank you! That means a lot to me. Thanks for always being supportive and kind. I have just realised; we haven’t asked you what you have been doing for self-care. Would you like to share what you have been doing to take care of yourself?

@_Tech_Addict_Girl - <3<3 to you too! How are you at the moment? I hope you are well. Would you like to share what you have been doing to take care of yourself? :3
    Hey @Laura_tigger82!

You are more than welcome, love! You are so unbelievably kind, and it's important to let you know just how important, and kind you are! It's okay don't worry! I'm allowing myself to rest from exercising this week, I normally feel guilty and beat myself up about it, but it's nearly my time of the month and it's a bad one, so I am aware I need to take it a little easier this week! Thanks so much for asking!
    Hey @Brookee

Thanks so much. You are really kind and important too! I am so glad to hear you are looking after yourself too. I hope you can also treat yourself to some nice chocolates or something similar as I know how real those cravings can get! :3
    @Laura_tigger82 im ok at the moment Thankyou how are you?❤️❤️
    I just listen to music to try and take my mind off things really
    @Laura_tigger82 You're more than welcome! Thank you as well for your lovely, uplifting words, they've made my whole day! Thank you, I will definitely be scoffing lots of chocolate today haha. I hope you're doing well today too? <3
    @_Tech_Addict_Girl - Hey! I'm glad you're okay. I am good too thank you. What music do you enjoy the most? :3

@Brookee - Aww, you are more than welcome. I have only said them because they are true. You really are kind, wonderful, and an appreciated member of our community. Enjoy the chocolates! I am well thank you :3
    edited January 2022
    @Laura_tigger82 Hey I don’t mind any really it depends on what mood I’m in.
    What do you like doing? ☺️
    That's a very good point indeed @_Tech_Addict_Girl. I generally like to listen to music and watch Disney :3