Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Not meeting the deadline I set for myself again

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I just can't forgive myself. I spent time procrastinating because I am so afraid of everything. I worry about each and everything going on in my life. I feel like I contaminated each and every procedure. I am so careless I will ruin all my opportunities. I also do not get used to not staying up late because that is the only way that works for me. I cannot get things doone without staying up before I became unwell. Now I still cannot find a different way. I know I will become more and more unwell if I keep staying up late.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    La_LaLa_La Posts: 156 Helping Hand
    @Kate_20 Hello, thank you for reaching out. It is very good that you are sharing your feelings!!
    I just want to say that by recognizing how you feel and the situation you are currently facing, you are taking a great step forwards! Please credit yourself for the courage and bravery you are showing by sharing your experiences here. It means a lot.

I am sorry to hear that you feel as if you can't forgive yourself and that there is a lot going on, it must be very difficult. It can be quite tough to manage deadlines and change routines at first. Are there any apps or activities such as setting alarms that could maybe help with managing your time and sleep schedule?
    If there is anybody you would like to talk to, or if you would like any other support please let me or anybody else on the forum know.

Sending you best wishes and support.
    ~ Dreamer ~
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey Kate - sending you hugs, courage and strength. It may not feel this way all the time, but you are fighting hard to find a way to be healthy and to take steps forward in your life. Remember, the journey in recovery is rarely a straight line, and there can be times that we have setbacks in this. It may feel in these moments that you have lost all progress, but that isn't the case. I wonder if these are deadlines you have set for yourself, is it possible to break them down into smaller and more manageable chunks? Equally, if you reach a point where you are at the end of the day, perhaps give yourself 15 mins each day just to re-evaluate your goals, if you don't get everything done, use that time to work out how that changes your plans for the next few days. I always find that can help allow me to finish for the day and be able to switch off. We are all here for you, do keep reaching out :3
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @Kate_20

Thanks for reaching out. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out. I am really glad to see the wonderful support @La_La and @Ed_ have already provided.

In addition to their support, I just want to add you are definitely not careless. In fact, it would seem the opposite for you, your perfectionism is what has led to your procrastination! Self-goals can always be adjusted. What length of time and goals are you currently working with? We can help you to set new goals if needed?

Please do let us know how you are getting on today. We will listen to you, support you, and care about you. We will help you to get you to the finish line of your degree and absolutely will not give up on you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I know a lot has already been said by others, so I don't want to say too much, only that being in this cycle of panic and distress must be beyond overwhelming and I suppose the hardest part of it is getting down to the root of what is it you're the most afraid of? It's such a scary thing to confront so feel no pressure to reply, just know we're here even if just to vent. Huge hugs <3 xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.