Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's your favourite comfort tv shows or films?

Comments

• Options
    charlieboyzcharlieboyz Posts: 178 Helping Hand
    Sharing fun stuff like that can help me get through all the shit, you know?
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @charlieboyz I think that's a really good coping strategy to be honest, I love seeing what everyone loves and what makes them happy :)
  • Options
    Also what helps is the group chats. gonna join one tonight
  • Options
    @charlieboyz That's really great, I'm really proud of you for doing things that benefit you! It can be really hard to take charge when you're feeling down so this is really amazing to read!
  • Options
    Thank you so much @Brookee
  • Options
    hello @Kate_20
  • Options
    Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    Hi @charlieboyz Thanks so much for thinking about me. Sorry I don't normally watch TV or films. My brain is not working:(
    Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
    Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
    El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
  • Options
    eeb99eeb99 Posts: 14 Settling in
    New Girl - if you like Friends you'll love it, similar sitcom-style based on a group of friends and equally as entertaining. I've rewatched it multiple times and it never gets old! :)
  • Options
    @eeb99 I love New girl too! It's such a wholesome and heart warming tv show to watch! Thank you so much for sharing with us! :)
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Gilmore girls
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi all,

What a great thread. Thanks for initiating this thread @Brookee. Thanks also to everyone else who has taken the time to provide us with their favourites. I would still have to go with The Simpsons! or Good Luck Charlie (or anything else Disney related) <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @GreenTea I've actually never seen Gilmore Girls, but it's on my to watch list!! I'm pleased it brings you so much joy! Thank you so much for sharing with us!

@Laura_tigger82 The Simpsons is such a good distraction tv show! I love Disney shows too! Sometimes when I'm feeling a bit down, I always tend to gravitate towards Hannah Montana :) I do hope Disney plus add some cartoon shows like Cow and Chicken and Rugrats because they bring me so much joy :) Thank you so much for sharing with us!
  • Options
    Ooh, Hannah Montana is great! I might be showing my age but I grew up with Hannah Montana. I.e. Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus was in my friendship group's karaoke, games on the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS and on the TV at sleepovers =)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 I did as well!! Loved Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place! That sounds like such a wonderful time, particularly at sleepovers, I think my sleepovers often consisted of binge watching Tracy Beaker haha!
  • Options
    Ooh and Tracy Beaker! Thanks @Brookee, now you are bringing me back to my childhood days :)
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 Good ol Tracy Beaker helping us through :) I also really loved that jungle programme with the golden monkeys?
  • Options
    Oh yes! All very good tv programmes @Brookee. And that one where someone did challenges in people's houses and had to not be found =) I can't remember what they are called though *puzzled face emoji*
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It's good @Brookee
  • Options
    What are your favourites @GreenTea? :)
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Omg are you talking about Jungle Run? Such a banging show wow I loved all the challenges, they seemed so scary to me as a kid, like I thought they'd actually be trapped in a cave, but even now I feel so warm and nostalgic watching it <3
  • Options
    @AislingDM YES!! Thank you so much for bringing me that nostalgia back!! I know that and Raven, genuinely thought those children disappeared into thin air!
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Watched encanto the other day and that’s defo being added to my feel good film lost
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited December 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I really enjoy Encanto and Eastenders too @Dandelion and @Zay :3
  • Options
    @Dandelion I've heard so many great things about Encanto! I'm so glad you and @Laura_tigger82 enjoyed it!

@Zay Eastenders is a great piece of distraction TV! Do you watch the older ones too or just the new ones?
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Thanks @Brookee. Do you have Disney+? If so, I'd recommend it! :3
  • Options
    @Zay I bet it's so fun seeing the older ones as well!

@Laura_tigger82 I do have Disney +, thank you!! I will definitely give that a go!
  • Options
    maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    I love watching 'Fleabag' when I'm down, it is just hilarious! I don't really know why but I also like watching 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' when I'm down too. It may just be the positive memories associated with the first time I watched it but it is heartwarming!
  • Options
    Yay, I hope you enjoy watching Encanto @Brookee :3

Thanks for sharing your recommendations too @maryam852. Always great that you have things you can turn to when you want to feel better! :3