Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    dante96dante96 Deactivated Posts: 14 Settling in
    Hey @Shaunie

It sounds like you're going through a difficult time, can you tell me more about what is happening to make you feel this way?
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Shaunie

I am sorry to hear you are struggling. Well done for reaching out to us though. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out <3

Would you like to share more about how you are feeling and what is making you feel this way?

We are here for you, care about you, and are listening to you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @Zay I'm so sorry you've had to deal with this, and the traumatic memories that have resurfaced because of him. I'm also really sorry that you were almost being pressured to have physical contact with him when he's caused you so much trauma, that seems really distressing and panic provoking. Are you okay? please know we're always here for you, I believe you, and thank you so much for opening up to us about this.

Sending you so much love Zay <3
  • Options
  • Options
    @Zay I understand, this can be so hard to discuss with others, so it's really brave to even be considering it! Do you feel like she'd be supportive and it'd be a safe environment to tell her about this? because you and your mental health are very important
  • Options
  • Options
    @Zay I think that's really wonderful that you feel so safe and supported by your mum! I think if it's been traumatic for you, and you have to keep seeing him, particularly as this seems very distressing, it might be beneficial to confide in her. Of course, this is completely your choice and decision, but it seems like this is a very difficult situation for you to deal with, and it may help you feel better to be able to confide in someone else. It probably will be a shock to her but that's just a normal response to hearing something traumatic has happened to someone you love. I think if this is really negatively affecting your mental health, and you feel safe to discuss this with her, then you definitely should. Also, remember, I know it's not the same at all, but we're always here for you and we will always believe you <3
  • Options
  • Options
    @Zay You are more than welcome my love! Always here for you, and thank you for opening up about this, you're so strong and I'm so proud of you! <3
  • Options
    JonAddoJonAddo Deactivated Posts: 19 Settling in
    Hi @Zay

I'm so sorry that you're experiencing this, it sounds like such a traumatic and difficult situation. I'm really glad you have felt able to reach out here and chat with @Brookee. It might not feel like a big step, but talking about our feelings can be a huge help to managing trauma and processing our thoughts.

It's great to hear your Mum is so supportive and like a best friend. As Brookee mentioned, it may be a tough conversation to have but it could also be so important for your mental health moving forward.

Keep us updated on how you're feeling. Whatever you decide to do, we're all here for you. <3
  • Options
    Hi @Zay

I am really sorry to hear you have experienced this.

It looks like you had a great conversation with @Brookee so I have nothing to add apart from an agreement to everything that was said!

We are always here for you :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hi @Shaunie

I am sorry to hear a trauma response was triggered in a Beat online group chat.

It must be frustrating when the places we go to for support trigger difficult emotions and experiences.

I am really glad to hear the mod on Beat cared about you and supported you though.

If you want to talk about it any further, we are also here for you :3
  • Options
    Hi @Shaunie

How are you feeling about being admitted to the mental health ward?

We are here for you and are listening to you :3
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
    Hi @LorryTruck :3

That doesn't sound too good :/

Is there anything you would like to talk to us about? <3

I am good thank you :3
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    We lost one of our rats very suddenly last night. A different one to the sick one. We weren't expecting at all. She'd been fine earlier in the day but came back to her covered in blood, she had pyometra - basically the uterus gets super infected then bursts and they bleed from from the vulva. Was horrific and traumatising and I'm genuinely devastated. We got her to the emergency vets to be pts but cost us near enough £200.

Why does all this shit happen at once??

Just had to pay £400 for my car to be fixed, about £300 in vet bills for our sick rat who we will probably lose this week, and now last night £200. It's so stressful and we don't get paid until the 7th of January.

Got an essay due on the 5th

And my RAF medical being failed.

Happy new year folk 🙄🙄
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear things are tough for you right now @Anch0r33. I am particularly sorry to hear about the loss of your rat. I know how much your rats mean to you.

There are no words I can say to make it better for you. However, we are here for you, thinking of you and sending you big virtual hugs.

You are right, things tend to go wrong at the same time. This means that things also tend to get better at the same (or similar) time. I hope the rain stops for you soon. You deserve the happiness and peace you are looking for.

Have you got enough money for the essentials at the moment? How is your essay going?

Don't give up. I have faith that things will get better for you but we will always listen and care! <3
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    @Laura_tigger82 thanks for your kind words. You're so lovely.

We've got food in the freezer so can't complain but absolutely balls deep into the overdraft, sitting about -1000 and can't go past that limit. Will get by. Worst comes to worst I can have my advocate get me stuff from the food bank.

It just always hits at the wrong times.

Essay is okay. Got about 1500 more words to write but should get that done tomorrow hopefully. Been putting it off today and yesterday tbh
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Hi @Anch0r33

Aww, thank you! Though, I only say words that I mean :3

Good luck with finishing your essay. It sounds like you are on track and you know what you need to do but you have been struggling due to home life.

I am really sorry to hear you are struggling financially. I am really pleased to hear there is food in the freezer and your advocate would get you food from the food bank if you need it.

In terms of the bills, you can also access emergency support if you are living in rented accommodation (especially if it is run by the council!) and/or have your electricity on a key meter.

Some useful resources for more information about this include:

- Citizen's Advice (https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/energy/energy-supply/)
    - Step Change (https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info/emergency-funding.aspx)
    - Shelter (https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/debt_and_money_problems/cash_in_a_crisis)

The Mix also has other support formats that you may want to contact if you find yourself in need of talking to someone.

- You can contact the helpline 3 pm - 12 am every day by calling 0808 808 4994.
    - You can email The Mix support team through the form found at https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team/email-us
    - You can access the Crisis Messenger 24/7 by texting THEMIX to 85258
    - You may use the one-to-one chat 7 days a week 3 pm - 12am at https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team

There are also Samaritans and Shout if you would prefer to contact someone else.

Samaritans (24/7) - Call 116 123 or email jo@samaritans.org

Shout (24/7) - Text SHOUT to 85258

You have got this, I believe in you and we are here for you :3

• Options
    I am sorry to hear you are struggling @Zay :/

Keep doing what's right for you! <3

It is difficult to miss someone and sometimes it means we should contact them but not always. Sometimes we also miss who we wish they were or who they used to be :/

He also had a big and important role in your life so it is understandable that you miss him <3

I think the question you need to ask yourself is would contacting him bring you more happiness or sadness? <3

• Options
  • Options
    Hi @Zay

I am glad you are able to identify what would make you happy. Who said it has to be two weeks? :3
  • Options
  • Options
    If you feel that way @Zay then feel free to contact him. Let everything happen as you feel it should. No one has a clock for when things should happen. Just do things when you are ready!

If he's not ready to talk then you can respect that and not necessarily expect a response straight away. At least you will know that you have done what has felt right to you :3
  • Options
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    10 minutes until my appointment scared they’re gunna say I need surgery
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
This discussion has been closed.