Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

phonecalls off lifesaving services

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
if they say theyre gonna call the nxt day, do they
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    So generally speaking, organisations should follow through with what they have said they will do, however if you don't hear back from them when you are expecting, it may be worth giving them a call as sometimes mistakes happen and things can get missed. They may also have a page on their website that explains what to expect from their service, and on there it may say about their targets e.g. it may say 95% of people get a call back the next day or something like that
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    Turning point hav done this b4, but wen I phoned up last time, they sed I was off their list. I don't even know wat they do
    Crazy mad insane
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @ellie2000 That seems very stressful and frustrating for you. I'm so sorry this keeps happening to you. Is it Turning Point you're waiting to hear from right now?
    yh, i think they're unrealible pieces of sh*t. they let me down b4 by removing me frm thier list, shall i give up on them, shall i look elsewhere?
    they were supposed to call me last friday
    Crazy mad insane
    where can i write a bad review?
    Crazy mad insane
    @ellie2000 I'm really sorry that they're so unreliable, that shouldn't be the case at all! That's awful! You should be entitled to their time and support! Are you based in the East Midlands? If so, I can signpost you to some really helpful mental health services! Of course, don't feel like you have to share that information as I understand that's quite personal and confidential! It depends whether you want to give them another try or not really. If you feel like contacting them again will add more upset to you, then it's completely okay to not contact them again and I can look into some other services that may be able to help you! I think that you can leave a bad review on the NHS website under Turning Point, if that's something you feel would benefit you!
    Wellesbourne if thts East Midlands idk 😊
    Crazy mad insane
    @ellie2000 Hi Ellie! Unfortunately that's not where I was thinking, but I'm more than happy to still help you through this time. Do you have any other mental health services that have been in contact with you? or you feel would be helpful to you?
    ppl asked me 'why u having constant therapy? i dont cope with life, i ignore it
    Crazy mad insane
    @ellie2000 If therapy works for you then that's all that matters! Other people's opinions aren't a reflection on you, and it's really none of their business. You and your mental health are the priority here!
    the first therapist wasnt very gd and was told to keep goin, they messed with my head
    Crazy mad insane
    was tht abuse
    Crazy mad insane
    @ellie2000 That's awful! Was this from Turning Point? I wonder if there's any phone line or something you can contact to let them know how mistreated you were during the phone call? You deserve support that makes you feel listened to and heard, not let down and upset! I'm so sorry you've had to go through this. I want you to know that I'm really proud of you for persevering through it and for reaching out when you need help, these things are difficult and you're doing so incredibly well, despite what negative feelings these therapists may have brought up for you. Remember that your feelings are valid and always will be!