Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What is the accodation like?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi, i'm a year 12 going on 13 student who is considering uni for september 2003.

I know that every uni is different when it comes to accodation but I just wanted to find out your experiences of it.

Do you share a kitchen, living area and bathrrom with x amount of people and you each have a room coming off it? Do your own rooms have locks?
What type of things do you need to consider when choosing accodation?
Anything else you can tell me?

There was more questions but I forgot them :o
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    With university it is usual to go into the accomodation they provide, whether this is halls/ student village/ self-catered flats or houses. You can often see examples on uni websites, or contact their accomodation office for information.

TheSite has a few articles on student housing...

What kind of place?

Finding a flat

where does the money go?

More housing factsheets

magazine housing stuff

As for personal experiences...I'll let the mob answer

Susie :)
  • Options
    Well, to start off on a happy note.I didn't like uni halls much! It was just a bit too thrown together for me. But lots of people do like it.
    Our kitchen/2 showers/bath/3toilets were shared by about 12 people. Which wasn't as bad as it sounds.
    I have to say i prefer the smaller uni flats I was in this year. The rooms are nicer for a start! But there are less people which makes it slightly less intimidating. And, oh yeah, I would thing everywhere has room locks, ours certainly did.
    Bah, can't think of anything else right now, I'll get back to you, *too tired*!