Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

stuff, x f_cktor and other things

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i watched the Arial audition and i found out tht she crash banged into R.I.P wat do they do to there contestants, i know the jk show used to hold u in a room 8hrs tryna get u mad or upset.
on a lighter note. does any1 no of any educational stuff thts stressfree n fun?
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    This is very true, Ellie. It's terribly sad that she passed away, especially after the internet turned her into a joke and laughed at her. It makes you think of the impact of the words we put online and the fact that the memes we share are real people. Aside from the role of people online, it's definitely possible that the toxic environment of the show contributed to difficulties that she may have experienced. It's certainly wrong to keep a person locked away with the intention of making them angry so that we can make fun of them on TV. I think it's really important that you are bringing light to the potential harms of different reality TV shows. I do think I read online that Ariel suffered from mental health needs, and this was probably worsened by how people treated her.

I know you mentioned wanting some educational resources, do you mean about reality TV shows, or just any educational stuff? I think Duolingo is pretty fun for language learning if you're looking for a random thing to use =)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    education resources :) not timed stuff
    Crazy mad insane
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Ah, so cool!! I know it sounds so silly, but I still sometimes use BBC Bitesize to learn about random science things that I still don't understand as an adult haha, and I can't lie the games on there are great!! I also love Sporcle for testing my knowledge on random topics, like countries of the world, to see how fast I can be too!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.