Home› General Chat› Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What have you done today to make you feel proud? đź’•

Comments

• FriendlyneighbourFriendlyneighbour Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
    Today has just been a lazy day but I went on a run and to the gym yesterday. I used to be a bit nervous of going alone but it has been a really great experience so far. I also found some time to do some personal learning on a topic I've been interested in but haven't been able to pursue in the past due to lack of time.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    Managed to get through a rush hour commute for the first time in I can't remember how long. I know some folks have been doing this since the pandemic started, but feels like a big achievement for me.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    I had the courage to ask one of my Dance teachers to arrange an extra practice session for me next week in preparation for my mock exam.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    @Millie2787 hope it's going well, let us know how your first day goes <3

@Dancer well done for being so brave, proud of you too <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    @Aife this week is just a lot of induction work and courses we have to do . Just waiting to hear back in where my orientation shifts are
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Today, I woke up instead of sleeping for longer as I am feeling pretty unwell atm. This is not to suggest that I shouldn't relax when unwell, but more that waking up allows me to have the entire evening to pamper myself and hopefully feel better!!! xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Raised above it
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Literally nothing im still in bed. Soo just survive
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Found the courage to look at the baby photos Dad took.
    It was emotional but it was needed.

<3
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    Brushed my hair
    Got offered job interview for CAMHS đź’ś
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Done something I knew would be tricky
    Eat well
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Showered. Did my hair. Went a short walk round aldi. That's more than I thought I'd be able to do even a few hours ago
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Keep myself safe
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I have given up my weekend to volunteer for an organisation called Hullo
    I’ve done 40 hours this week!
    Got out of bed when I didn't want to
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I got a 72 in my assignment, I was so worried about it really didn’t think I was going to do well
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    I had an interview for a job today, and since I've been really unwell, this is my first time interviewing for a job in 6 years, hoping it's good news!
  • charlieboyzcharlieboyz Posts: 178 Helping Hand
    @zaynab_5 I actually spoke in class today. I dont usually
    edited December 2021
  • meilameila Posts: 83 Budding Regular
    Managed to get out of bed today, such a terrible week