Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A&E is not a good place for MH

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
It is a busy place. It is cold even with the blanket. You cannot sleep there at all. People were in pain. You feel like they were in more pain than you do. The pain was contagious. You felt even worse before you went in. You felt so trapped.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Kate_20,

So sorry to hear you experienced this and are struggling :/ Could you talk to the staff about how you feel? They might have things they are able to recommend for managing the challenges you have mentioned. How are you feeling now?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    Hi @Kate_20,

So sorry to hear you experienced this and are struggling :/ Could you talk to the staff about how you feel? They might have things they are able to recommend for managing the challenges you have mentioned. How are you feeling now?

@Laura_tigger82 I am already back. I feel ashamed of myself. I don't know where I am heading towards. I struggle to reply to messages. I need to die.
    @Kate_20,

I am so sorry to hear you are feeling this way. From your message, I hear that you are feeling this way because you feel you need to escape from your feelings of uncertainty. Would this be an appropriate assumption? Would you like to tell me more about how you are feeling? Please don't be ashamed that you are needing support. We all need support sometimes (myself included!). The most important thing is that you have got the support you need. I know it is scary but keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will find out in time. In the meantime, if you need to contact Samaritans or Papyrus, I have listed their details below:

Samaritans (24/7):

Call 116 123
    Email jo@samaritans.org

Papyrus (2pm - midnight):

Call 0800 068 41 41
    Email pat@papyrus-uk.org
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @Laura_tigger82 Yeah I do struggle with the feeling of uncertainty all the time. I also suffer from my own expectations. I prefer text services but unfortunately I have problems with texting as well so yeah I don't know where I can turn to.
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Kate_20 - first up, try not to feel ashamed, you truly deserve support with how you are feeling right now and you showed real strength in reaching out through A&E for your mental health. Whilst it may not have been the best atmosphere for your wellbeing at the time, try to hold onto the courage you showed in asking in the first place.

Have you had a thought about what kind of support you feel would be most helpful to you right now? Sometimes thinking about this can help identify the next few small steps for you to take, and in turn makes things feel less overwhelming. This could be really practical things or equally ways of talking through how you are feeling. Equally it is also okay if you don't know what can help, there are options that can help you work this out if that is the case <3

In terms of text services, I believe that Papyrus provide support over text, on 07860039967. You can also use The Mix's Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

@Ed_ My problem right now is that I cannot top up the phone credit at this point and I am so worried about it. I really hope it can be solved as soon as possible. I will be trying other services once my phone is fixed. My life is really a mess I am so sorry.
    Hi @Kate_20

Sorry to hear this but thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you feel very much stranded between services and the cost and access to phone credit at the moment. Would emails be suitable for you as they are free and a written platform? If so, you could email Papyrus at pat@paprus-uk.org, Samaritans at jo@samaritans.org and The Mix through the online form at https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team/email-us. You also always have us. Never forget it <3
    @Laura_tigger82 Yeah I would try the email services thanks for the suggestions.
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    @Kate_20 sorry, a bit late back to this, really no need to apologise for how things are for you right now, the fact you are reaching out and finding ways of speaking to people is the important thing. Hold on to the part of you that is continuing to find ways of seeking help. You deserve a space where you can feel safe and confident to work through how you are feeling.

In terms of the credit issue, The Mix's crisis messenger is free on most networks, so hopefully you should be able to text TheMix to 85258 for free. Equally, the Samaritans should be free to call on 116 123 and if you are under 18, Childline can be reached for free on 116 111.

Stay strong and keep reaching out, as Laura said, we are all here for you <3
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.