Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Being referred to a burns unit all the way in London. Have to go tomorrow. How am I supposed to even get there and I have work tomorrow ahh. Already so late for work if I end up to work today
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Getting picked up at 8 to go there. I’m so scared
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Multiple emotional breakdowns this week. Everyone keeps telling me to get signed off work for a bit, but I can't allow myself because I get full of guilt for leaving my work with others to deal with
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    big thoughts little words
    Soo scared they won’t sedate me enough for operation. I don’t want to see or feel anything
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Accidentally triggered myself by reading an old conversation with someone. Thoughts keep popping up in my head.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    I thought getting away would help but it really hasn't
    Struggling
    So much has changed in the south. Going Newquay later but I just feel so overwhelmed
    My dogs ashes are just sat by the TV in a box... Nobody can face doing anything with them. It's breaking me. It's been so weird not being followed, sat on, greeted at the door..
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    I don't know what just happened to me and I feel so ashamed of myself.

I couldn't breathe, my mind was overwhelmed, I was physically shaking and crying. Suddenly, I'm curled up, crying and trembling my eyes out, apologizing to the poor guy on the phone for wasting his time with this 911 call. A kind lady helped me get home.

I feel so drained yet so embarrassed.
    I feel bad for making everyone worried like this.
    For wasting their time.
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    My brain feels so busy and overwhelmed. Everything is so loud.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    edited October 2021
    My brain feels so busy and overwhelmed. Everything is so loud.

Heyyy lovely, what's been going on for you? X
    Post edited by TheMix on
    @Salix_alba_2019 ah just bit overwhelmed tbh. My own fault for stopping meds I guess.

Sounds like you’re struggling too <3 sending hugs!
    @independent_ oh god that part wasn't supposed to be there. Accidental draft post right there , I've flagged it to be deleted. Apologies if it triggered you

Awww man, sorry to hear that you've been struggling, it's awful isn't when things turn for the worst. How comes you stopped taking your meds if you don't mind me asking?
    @Salix_alba_2019 it’s alright, I just figured it was supposed to be there lol, I do that with the draft posts sometimes and my brain just totally ignores the fact the drafted bit is there.

TW mentions weight and med side effects:
    They had a few side effects. Mostly tiredness and weight gain and they weren’t really helping anymore lol. Probably a stupid decision but I wasn’t doing well on them either for the last few weeks.

I’m functioning on 2.5 hours of sleep today.
    @independent_ Phewwwww, not just me then lol

I fully resonate with you on that one, the long-term implications of some meds are an absolute pain. You know yourself best and if it isn't working then that's okay. I did exactly the same thing last year and my inner mum voice wants to persuade you not to go cold turkey to prevent a harsh relapse in your MH. Have you spoken to GP by any chance? 2.5 hours of sleep sounds awful :(
    @Salix_alba_2019 I need to phone them really. Was going to phone them yesterday but managed to talk myself out of it. I have 15 minutes to get my act together and decide if I’m calling them today instead.
    Horrible dreams making me more anxious than already am
    Home doesn't feel like home anymore. This city doesn't feel like home anymore.
    I felt more at home down south at the start of the week
    Sigh
    edited October 2021
    It's times like this where I miss my eating disorder. I'm upset for letting myself go
    @Salix_alba_2019 I need to phone them really. Was going to phone them yesterday but managed to talk myself out of it. I have 15 minutes to get my act together and decide if I’m calling them today instead.

You can do it, I belive in you ;)
    Post edited by Salix_alba_2019 on
    So tired and stressed. Can’t pick up new meds till Monday
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I’m going to complain to pals tomorrow in the Hospital. Because I was in a&e with very bad self harm for the first time with it being that extreme And the crisis team didn’t even want to chat with me.
    I had another horrible dream
    Starting to agree with people around me about going back on medication. Just don't want all the nasty side effects
This discussion has been closed.