Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I always feel like my depression is not real (TW: suicidal feelings and past attempts)

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
I always feel like my depression is not real. It is something that I made up because I can no longer cope with my life anymore. I need a reason why it is falling apart. There isn't a day that I am free from suicidal feelings but I still doubt if the doctor made a mistake when diagnosing me. I have really low energy level but I think it is the consequences of not getting enough sleep during my undergraduate years. I feel like even my past attempts of suicide was just something that I use to draw attention. I do have eating and sleeping problems as well but probably I am just lazy. I am worried about going on medication for a condition that I do not have.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 111 The Mix Convert
    Hey @Kate_20

I admire you for being so brave to reach out to this community.

What makes you think you can't cope with your life anymore? I would like to know more about your situation and about what is going on right now in your life, I know sometimes it could be scary having certain kind of thoughts or being confused about the life in general but the only thing is to talk about your feeling as much as you can.

A big hug from your virtual friend,

Cosmo.
  • Options
    SirArchibaldSirArchibald Posts: 75 Budding Regular
    Hi @Kate_20
    What you're experiencing sounds really rough. Many people who suffer from depression and anxiety feel like they are faking it and that really they have nothing wrong with them. But that is not the case, your feelings are valid and real, don't listen to that voice that tell you they're not. You are not a bad person for feeling the way you feel. Your experiences matter and so do you. I am really sorry you feel this way as I've felt the same way, but trust me, you are valid and your feelings are real. Please dont pretend they are not because that is not good for you. I hope that your medication helps and I hope that start to feel happier again.
    <3
  • Options
    @SirArchibald Thank you so much for letting me know that I am not alone in this. It means a lot to me <3
  • Options
    SirArchibaldSirArchibald Posts: 75 Budding Regular
    @Kate_20 I am so pleased that you know that. There are always people who you can talk to and who are willing to listen. I hope that you are feeling better. <3
  • Options
    @Kate_20 I am so pleased that you know that. There are always people who you can talk to and who are willing to listen. I hope that you are feeling better. <3

@SirArchibald Thank you for being so supportive.