Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i hope this takes me away

summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
edited September 2021 in Drink & Drugs
i am sorry but i cannot stop being depressed so i am drinking am i ruining my life? it is my only way to fall asleep and it is my food for tonight i need drinks options please because i am so depressed :(

Comments

• Options
    KalekaAKalekaA Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
    Hi @summerxo21
    It’s perfectly normal to feel stressed or upset and resort to drinking to feel better. It’s not healthy but you aren’t ruining your life, as long as you can manage it as soon as possible. I think it’s important to understand we should have limits on these activities so it doesn’t get out of hand. Your profile says you like fitness and cooking. You might be interested in finding new recipes to practice, if you’re heading off to university. Remember, it is very important to try and eat properly and not just drink to solve your hunger.

I don’t know your relation to drinking or how serious it is but when you are sober feel free to share your problems. My experience with excessive drinking is very limited, only with a couple friends in one off instances at parties. I don’t drink outside social settings so I might not relate to your proclivity to drinking but I would love to help in any way I can with you.

Alternatively, you might want to focus on any fitness related hobbies. Whenever I go for my runs and workouts I always sleep a little earlier than normal. This is because you usually spend so much energy exercising your body needs to cope by resting. What kind of sports do you enjoy? Joining a club might be helpful, both to meet new people and to spend time exercising.
  • Options
    summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
    KalekaA wrote: »
    Hi @summerxo21
    It’s perfectly normal to feel stressed or upset and resort to drinking to feel better. It’s not healthy but you aren’t ruining your life, as long as you can manage it as soon as possible. I think it’s important to understand we should have limits on these activities so it doesn’t get out of hand. Your profile says you like fitness and cooking. You might be interested in finding new recipes to practice, if you’re heading off to university. Remember, it is very important to try and eat properly and not just drink to solve your hunger.

I don’t know your relation to drinking or how serious it is but when you are sober feel free to share your problems. My experience with excessive drinking is very limited, only with a couple friends in one off instances at parties. I don’t drink outside social settings so I might not relate to your proclivity to drinking but I would love to help in any way I can with you.

Alternatively, you might want to focus on any fitness related hobbies. Whenever I go for my runs and workouts I always sleep a little earlier than normal. This is because you usually spend so much energy exercising your body needs to cope by resting. What kind of sports do you enjoy? Joining a club might be helpful, both to meet new people and to spend time exercising.

Hello,

It's lovely to meet you! and yes thank you for checking my profile :)
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Just wanted to check in to see how you're doing @summerxo21 <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Would love to check in with you too @summerxo21 - how are you doing today? :heart: