Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Private surgery

Comments

• StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey @Shaunie

Just wanted to check in and see how you are doing? :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Thank yous. Thought i would hear by them by now but I haven’t. But I think I need my wisdom teeth off first and see if I still feel the same.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Just got this letter. They have accepted me

v42tn99u8uc4.jpeg

I need to get my wisdom teeth removed out first i think.

But it doesn’t say how you pay monthly where am I supposed to throw £3,405 from? When I need to pay for my wisdom teeth aswel. I’m so stressed
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I’ve had enough I can’t pay for any of this plus my wisdom teeth god I wanna die so badly. There is no way out of this
    Some body help me. I want to die soo bad. Keep crying.

I have started thinking I smell like shit in general and that maybe there is something wrong with my stomach and goes to my mouth and through my pores of my body. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 what if that’s the case then I might aswell die
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Now you know private will see you maybe it’s worth waiting for your NHs appointment in September to see if there remove it so then if they say yes you save money , if they say no you're got private to fall back on And gives you chance to save some more money ?

I was also looking into wisdom tooth removal last night and not sure if you read one of the extremely common side effects is something called dry socket which actually causes bad breathe . If you think it is your teeth maybe you could try some anti bacterial mouthwash as those tend to work really well as it can get all the way around the tooth where the brush can’t
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    Now you know private will see you maybe it’s worth waiting for your NHs appointment in September to see if there remove it so then if they say yes you save money , if they say no you're got private to fall back on And gives you chance to save some more money ?

I was also looking into wisdom tooth removal last night and not sure if you read one of the extremely common side effects is something called dry socket which actually causes bad breathe . If you think it is your teeth maybe you could try some anti bacterial mouthwash as those tend to work really well as it can get all the way around the tooth where the brush can’t

That’s a good idea. But because they have contacted my gp do you think they would of cancelled the appointment thinking I’m getting the surgery so no point for the appointment?
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Millie2787 wrote: »

That’s a good idea. But because they have contacted my gp do you think they would of cancelled the appointment thinking I’m getting the surgery so no point for the appointment?

I’m not sure tbh , maybe ring and check ? I don’t see why they would cancel the appointment without getting in touch with you first
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • meilameila Posts: 83 Budding Regular
    edited August 2021
    Hi @Shaunie bless your heart, I can only imagine what a difficult situation that must be, but you are doing amazingly in looking for the cause!
    Sometimes finding what is causing a problem can take a while (if it's any consolation, it took me a good two years to figure out which types of foods were giving me a lot of digestive and vomit-based problems😂that was not fun😂). But in searching for what it is, you are doing exactly what you need to do :3

From what I can gather, its about trying to find the cause of the smell? I agree with @Millie2787 about mouthwash because that might help, maybe flossing, and brushing your tongue too is important because a lot of smelly bacteria lives in your tongue! (Though I'm aware you might already do these!) I've also found some antibacterial soaps helpful with bad breath; some soaps are designed for it and have peppermint flavours, which is quite cool!

Also, as there's an emphasis on the tonsils, is there a particular reason for that? Do you have any white lumps of bacteria stuck in your tonsils? My sister had her tonsils removed for that reason!

Hopefully I can help you feel supported as you work through this; I'm always here if you want a chat! :3 You've got this! :3
    Meila <3
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi Shaunie, I’m sorry things are so tough right now. Sending you love. I hope you are keeping yourself safe tonight?
    I think it sounds like it would be worth ringing your gp to check you still have an appointment booked for September, may help put your mind at ease a bit. When’s the dentist appt?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Lucy307 wrote: »
    I hope you are keeping yourself safe tonight?
    Just dropping in to echo this - how safe do you feel right now @Shaunie? I can hear this is pushing you to the edge, and it's important you have some crisis support options if you need them. 💚
    Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    Samartians (24/7) | email jo@samaritans.org
    Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org
    It's good to see you chatting with everyone about this - keep us posted. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Hey sorry don’t have time to reply properly atm just wanted to say I am safe
    Can’t sleep. Thinking of all possible ways to kill myself and ways I would say goodbye to everyone 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 I am safe atm tho
    What have I even got going for me. Nothing.
    I am safe I jusy feel soo sooo bad :’(
    Well my dentist appointment has been cancelled ffs. Rebooked for Wednesday
  • SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 761 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey Shaunie sending lots of hugs <3
    You matter so much to us, you’re an amazing kind and helpful individual. We’re always here if you ever need anything <3

I’m sorry about your dentist appointment, but hopefully all will go well on Wednesday.
    You're awesome!
    Hey @Shaunie , I'm so sorry you're going through those feelings <3
    But honestly, you are doing amazingly ! How are you feeling today? x
    Please know you are worth so much more than a problem. Problems come and go but you and your worth are eternal! :3<3
    Here if you need me! <3
    Thanks guys I’ve got my dentist appointment today at 12:15 ahhhh I’m scared
    Great start gone to the dentist
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    💜 good luck Shaunie let us know how it goes
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    The dentist I wa supposed to be at was only 5 mins walk thankfully

Said there’s nothing wrong with t teeth or wisdom teeth that they’d need to be removed.

Kept using words I couldn’t understand and wasn’t explaining them. Told me the nhs does it wisdom teeth removal. And I’m just thinking yeah I know nhs does check up to but you know how hard it is to even find that. That’s why im private and if you hesitate to take my wisdom teeth out. They definitely won’t. So that was proper confusing. Said the bottom ones are connected to a nerve so can be dangerous to do if not necessary when the top wisdom teeth are easy to take out
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey Shaunie,

Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing? :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Thanks. Cant wait for my NHS ENT appointment in September so I’m gunna carry on with removing my tonsils. It’s frustrating the person who rings me from the private- I can’t understand a word he says. 😭
    Surgery booked for 17th September
    I’m pretending to my family I’m removing my wisdom teeth not my tonsils
    @Shaunie aw bless your little heart <3 Is there any one in your family you could confide in about the truth? Are you saying it's your wisdom teeth to avoid judgment?
    We are all here to support you! <3
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    I am so glad to hear that the surgery has now been arranged. I can see that it has been a really long, stressful and difficult process. I really hope that things do get better afterwards. 17th September is only another 26 days away.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    edited August 2021
    meila wrote: »
    @Shaunie aw bless your little heart <3 Is there any one in your family you could confide in about the truth? Are you saying it's your wisdom teeth to avoid judgment?
    We are all here to support you! <3

Thank you @meila yeah it’s to aviod judgement from my family :/ too embarrassed to say really reason <3
    Dancer wrote: »
    I am so glad to hear that the surgery has now been arranged. I can see that it has been a really long, stressful and difficult process. I really hope that things do get better afterwards. 17th September is only another 26 days away.

Thank you @Dancer ! <3 I really hope soo otherwise that would my hard earned nearly £4,000 down the drain and I will be very suicidal and hopeless
    @Shaunie I'm so sorry that you feel like you can't tell them, that must be really hard.
    Having said that, you have all of us here to help you, whatever the outcome :3
    You're doing fabulously! <3