Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What made you laugh today?

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    My mum likes to draw little drawings on loo rolls when she is bored. Yesterday she drew the dog that one of my teachers has and it made me laugh.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    I posted it on another discussion board but I had to share it here
    z1fcc0zsbw8f.jpg
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    nqnuaef3hrkk.png
    pd36atzazlfa.jpg
    Listened to the Reflex earlier on Magic and it was funny with how someone who was playing answered a question.

Harriet: You answer them
    Contestant: *confused*
    Harriet: You answer them
    Contestant: Questions
    Harriet: Not loud
    Contestant: Question

She was so confused but it was funny. And no, she did not win although it put a smile on my face
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    So I was watching this anime called 'The Daily Life of the Immortal King' on Netflix and the very first episode got me.

Quick summary:
    It's about this overpowered guy (Wang Ling) who's trying to live a peaceful life at high school by supressing his power level.

Summary of Ep 1:
    On the first day of school, students take a test that determine their classes based on the strength of their spiritual force. They go about this by punching the incarnation of 'Giant Frog' a high-level demon king that terrorized the Earth but was defeated and has been sealed for 10 years.
    There were a lot of funny moments but this one got me:

Giant Frog: Hah! Stupid students. Do you think I'm here just to be beaten up? Every year I'm used as the target for the test. I always absorb some spiritual force from those young bastards. A little more and I'll have enough force to break the damn seal.

enter Wang Ling with his own background music

Giant Frog: Wait! This background music... Could it be?! No way! How could it be him?!

flashback to Giant Frog about to finish off a hero. 6 year old Wang Ling blasts the demon king away with a kick because the demon was bothering him whilst he was eating crispy noodles

Giant Frog: I'm sure of it! Back then, I was defeated by this bastard with his own background music.

Love this satirical take on the genre. :joy::joy:
  • ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    So I was watching this anime called 'The Daily Life of the Immortal King' on Netflix and the very first episode got me.

Quick summary:
    It's about this overpowered guy (Wang Ling) who's trying to live a peaceful life at high school by supressing his power level.

Summary of Ep 1:
    On the first day of school, students take a test that determine their classes based on the strength of their spiritual force. They go about this by punching the incarnation of 'Giant Frog' a high-level demon king that terrorized the Earth but was defeated and has been sealed for 10 years.
    There were a lot of funny moments but this one got me:

Giant Frog: Hah! Stupid students. Do you think I'm here just to be beaten up? Every year I'm used as the target for the test. I always absorb some spiritual force from those young bastards. A little more and I'll have enough force to break the damn seal.

enter Wang Ling with his own background music

Giant Frog: Wait! This background music... Could it be?! No way! How could it be him?!

flashback to Giant Frog about to finish off a hero. 6 year old Wang Ling blasts the demon king away with a kick because the demon was bothering him whilst he was eating crispy noodles

Giant Frog: I'm sure of it! Back then, I was defeated by this bastard with his own background music.

Love this satirical take on the genre. :joy::joy:
    @lovemimoon hahahahaha thats such a good fourth wall break, the thought of fighting someone and all of a sudden their theme song starts playing is so funny
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Oooh @lovemimoon that sounds really funny I'll have to check it out! it sounds kind of similar to One Punch Man, one of my favourite animes that's also on Netflix, highly recommend. :D
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Riley wrote: »
    Oooh @lovemimoon that sounds really funny I'll have to check it out! it sounds kind of similar to One Punch Man, one of my favourite animes that's also on Netflix, highly recommend. :D

Yeees! I've already watched it! :joy: That anime is amazing!
    Have you seen 'The Disastrous Life of Saiki K'? ? It's on Netflix too!
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Noooo I've been meaning to @lovemimoon feel like it's been on my Netflix list for ages. :lol:
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @Riley Ohhh you need to watch it! And then watch it again cos it's hilarious! :joy:
    My mum: Oh, you kids on this 'Tic Tac, Click Clack' app these days!

Also my mum: Scrolling through Tik Tok
    During my theory lesson for Dance today at school, the teacher got us all to do the hand jive! :)
    At break, my head of year was sitting with me because she could see that I was alone and seemed upset so we were chatting together. Some of the site staff were trying to get something out of the Dance and Drama block which was right near where we were sitting. My head of year jokingly said "I was just testing out the bench to see if it takes my weight." I won't say what she said next because it is really weird.
    This just made my day

yr9d4294mrux.png
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    My sister’s amazon firestick is signed into my amazon account because I have prime and she doesn’t.

Today, I got an email from Amazon asking me if “flappy bird” met my expectations.

Turns out she’s been downloading stuff on the firestick (all free) without realising it’s sending me surveys and emails about whatever she downloads :joy::joy:
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    SC tonight. Trying to come up with excuses to get out of jury service and it lead to lots of funny answers. Really made me feel better
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    A conversation with my mum:

Me: Do you know what's happening on Friday?
    Mum: Yeah, yeah. It's your birthday.
    Me: Yeaaa-
    Mum: And you'll be treating us. Thank you for reminding me.
    Me: What? But it's my birthday.
    Mum: And I gave birth to you. So you should be treating me for giving birth to you.
    Me:
    nko2nwbzhtsb.png
    Yesterday one of my cats decided to curl up with me on the bed and she was so relaxed when I carried her out of the room (because she wasn't supposed to be on the bed.)
    Me and a friend were discussing Eastenders earlier and one of the videos that she sent to me was when Bernadette went to Fat Blasters (a support group for weight loss.) One of the comments on the video made us both laugh. I will share it in a spoiler as it could be offensive to some people. For anyone who watches Eastenders, it was on 15th June 2021 (episode 1)
    It said "No offence to any of the characters but I thought the title said fat bastards." There was also a reply saying "They've called it that knowing that fat bastards and blasters sounds similar.
    qdch2q93cf2c.jpeg
    dqzm93qc3hmh.jpeg
    x2kkd98j9uh4.jpeg
    uqyshj7ibro2.jpeg
    vmo0pp1q9l3r.png
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Played charades on discord last night. We all live streamed and it was so funny. Making it a weekly game
    Today in Maths we were going over part of an exam paper that we did for mock exams before the summer holidays. For one of the questions it was about an equation for a graph. I found that I put my answer as y=mx+c. I laughed at how stupid it was but at least I remembered how to do the equation.
    The Parrot With the Scottish Accent:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrsh-cXQbzw
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited November 2021
    Saw someone trip, they looked around and pretended it didn’t happened. I mean we’ve all been there lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley