Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

Comments

• renwrenw Posts: 20 Boards Initiate
    renw wrote: »
    I found out that I'm graduating University with a first class degree!!! Despite having a mental breakdown in first year and writing a dissertation through a pandemic, I did it

That’s amazing mate well done

Thank you ❤️
  • MoniqueSabeerMoniqueSabeer Posts: 10 Settling in
    renw wrote: »
    I found out that I'm graduating University with a first class degree!!! Despite having a mental breakdown in first year and writing a dissertation through a pandemic, I did it

Congratulations
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Spoke to GP. I’d been talking myself out of it for weeks but finally did it. She’s increased my meds and told me to phone again in a few weeks for possible referral back to CMHT.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Spoke to GP. I’d been talking myself out of it for weeks but finally did it. She’s increased my meds and told me to phone again in a few weeks for possible referral back to CMHT.

Well done @independent_, that's amazing and not easy to have that conversation at all. <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Saved a bee 🐝
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Managed to go to work today and handled the busy work environment much better than I thought, despite being freaking anxious.
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Just want to say I'm so proud of everyone in this thread for the things they've done, it's important to celebrate accomplishments no matter how big or small they might seem and I'm celebrating you all! 🥳🥳🥳
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Contacted Winston's Wish for support with the bereavement that is bothering me.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Not specifically today but I've had a very busy week getting things sorted out so I could get a new car, the whole process was a nightmare but getting it all sorted has me very proud of myself! :blush:
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    AHHHHHHHHHHH

CONGRATS @Millie2787 <3<3
    giphy.gif
    125 days harm free
  • meilameila Posts: 83 Budding Regular
    @Millie2787 CONGRATULATIONS! :3<3 Fabulous news!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
    A wonderful new journey is beginning for you! :3 I hope you enjoy every moment of it <3
  • meilameila Posts: 83 Budding Regular
    @GreenTea Coming from someone that has struggled with self harm too, that is such an amazing achievement <3 You should be so proud of yourself! The strength and courage you have is a credit to your character, and I hope that makes you smile :3<3
    AHHHHHHHHH

@GreenTea That's an amazing achievement! ❤
    I'm so happy you've made it this far and you better continue to strive forward. 😂
    On a serious note here, @melia couldn't have said it any better.

Sending lots of hugs and love!
    0001.gif
    Thank you @lovemimoon @meila
    Faced lots of challenges but pushed through. It's been difficult!
    Right! Decided to revisit Tumblr after a very long time, and edited my blog appearance using HTML codes.
    I know next to nothing about HTML codes but I've picked up a few things along the way! :3
    Took ages but we got there.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hoovered. Dusted. Loads and loads of tidying and sorting cupboards out.

Still got a bit to do but think I can fill tomorrow with that
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • phoebecavphoebecav Posts: 2 Newbie
    I applied for another job- although I have been applying for 2 months I am keeping on going !
    Just a little thing but I managed to save a mouse from the clutches of one of our cats and let it free in the field behind our garden. It didn't look injured or anything either so hopefully it's gonna be okay. =)
    Omg yes! Well done. It has been a very long time you have had to wait for that isn't it? We are all so proud of you.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Put up a fight today. Been struggling with self harm urges but really am fighting to make it another day harm free. Currently winning
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I finished my year placement today. I’m so proud of myself for completing it. Now I just need to finish my third year at uni
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    Brushed my hair today. I hadn't brushed it since Sunday and I have to go to school tomorrow for a covid test (as long as it is a negative test then I go back on Tuesday.)
    Putting myself first for a couple hours. I don't give a shit if anyone gets upset or offended by that. I'm struggling too so time for some self care.
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Today we spent less than £10 in the shop, which is really helpful since we only had £10 cash until SAAS comes in next week.

My advocate got us food from the foodbank and I'm proud that I'm not ashamed to admit that I needed help.

Finding work has been a nightmare and we had absolutely no income over the summer months, no parental support from mine or my partners parents and all our savings is down the drain but we survived summer.

I'm proud that today we've jumped over one of the last hurdles before we next get paid :smiley:
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    I admitted to my English teacher that I struggle with doing language analysis in any PQE (Point, Quote, Explain) paragraphs that we have to do in class (it really impacts my grades) and she said that she will try and help me. It was after she had a look at the PQE paragraph that I did today during English.
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Hi i have had 4 amazing phone calls with 3 amazing people and done 4 hours of volunteering work with the amazing charity called Hullo thank you for all your support. Ps if you want a chat phone 0800 001 4455 anytime from 9 to 9 every day of the week. I’m on tomorrow from 9 until 1 tomorrow

Please note you have to be over 18 to use this service.

This is what I’m proud off