Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

yesterdAy

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,963 Community Veteran
how do i tell someone, how im feeling coz in the group yesterday i was expressing myself telling the group about my abusive relationship with a much older n they were pondering, wat do i say in an email. they want to no how im doing. currently i hav no therapy
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    kimberley1907kimberley1907 Posts: 84 Budding Regular
    Hi Ellie!

I'm sorry to hear about your relationship, but I'm glad that you've reached out and told someone. That's a really brave and important step, and I'm proud of you for having done this.

I just want to clarify what kind of group this is that you were with? Is a support group of some kind? But they seem lovely as they're wondering how you're doing, so that's great to hear.
  • Options
    a support group. i ask a question first related to an issue tht im havin, instead of telling it head on. so the figure out wats wrong
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    kimberley1907kimberley1907 Posts: 84 Budding Regular
    Well if you're comfortable telling them, I'd try to maybe explain what's been happening, how it started happening, and how it makes you feel. However, as much as you're comfortable telling them is also okay.

They seem really nice and they want to support and be there for you. Maybe they could provide you with some support just themselves or direct you to other places too.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @ellie2000

Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing? :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    i got games to play :). mum reccommended to go cafe on tuesday instead of seeing cleaning. if he does buy drink with my money, sex as a alternative?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    edited July 2021
    Hi @ellie2000,

glad to hear you are expressing yourself own a support group. I hope the group provides you with comfort and support :heart: I agree with @kimberley1907 in that telling them only what you are comfortable with is totally okay. you can take it at your own pace, one step at a time. you could also write down things that you want to say before the group, as a little reminder or aid. they could even read it if you would find that more comfortable than saying it out loud. whatever works for you :blush:

the cleaner shouldn't be buying drink with your money, no alternative needed - he shouldn't be doing that. you mentioned before that your mum knows about your cleaner, but it takes a while for things to be resolved. do you have any updates at all?