Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi everyone :)

IsabelleIsabelle Posts: 46 Boards Initiate
I am Isabelle and I am a 21 year old who finished a psychology undergraduate degree. I am planning on doing a masters in mental health nursing.

I am determined to help anyone here who are struggling, so if you're having a rough time you can always ask me for advice or help. I am happy that I joined the mix because I would love to support young people who are having difficult phases. I have a sister who has severe mental health problems, and I take care of her everyday. I know what it feels like to struggle so once again, if you need anything, I'm here!
Tagged:

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hi @Isabelle welcome to the community <3 xx
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hi @Isabelle

Welcome to the Mix! <3
    It’s good to have you here! :3

Come say hi to everyone here:
    https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3596830/general-chit-chat-op-greentea#latest

We're here for you if you need someone to talk to! <3
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IsabelleIsabelle Posts: 46 Boards Initiate
    edited July 2021
  • OliOli Posts: 120 The Mix Convert
    Hey, @Isabelle :) Welcome to The Mix!

It's great to have a fellow psychology graduate here on the boards. That's really cool that you are planning on doing a masters in mental health nursing. Do you start this September?

I'm also thinking about doing a masters, but can't decide what in!
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @Isabelle

welcome - it's great to have you here! :heart:

@Oli & Isabelle - that makes 3 of us psychology grads haha! I'm currently doing a masters in psychological well-being & mental health, so if you guys have any masters related questions I'm always happy to help :blush:
    Oh wow @coc0mac, there seems to be lots of us haha! How are you finding your masters so far?
    I know right haha @Oli! It's really good thank you - finishes middle of august so not long left now! Hard work, definitely a jump from undergrad, but I love the independence that it gives you :blush:
    Ah that is super exciting, @coc0mac! Oh really? What would you say is the thing you have found the hardest/was most different from your undergrad degree?
  • IsabelleIsabelle Posts: 46 Boards Initiate
    edited July 2021
    @Oli
    Yes I'm starting this September

@coc0mac
    Thank you <3 that sounds amazing! How are you finding your masters?
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @Oli @Isabelle thought I'd reply to you together :blush: so yeah, loving the masters but hard work! I think the hardest thing is understanding how to get the different grades, because it's a step up from undergrad. so I would imagine a first at undergrad is about a merit (with a distinction, merit, pass grading system) at masters, I thiiiink. but just comes with practice and I am learning not to define myself by grades so much too! the extra hard work does make it rewarding :blush:
    @coc0mac yeah that sounds about right with the grading compared to undergrad (I think!)

Well done you though for not defining yourself by your grades. That's something I really struggled with at undergrad, and would always berate myself if I didn't get 'good' grades. I'm glad you're finding it rewarding!

Any idea what you want to do after you finish your masters this year? (the dreaded question I know haha, sorry!)
    Thank you so much! Can totally relate - if you do decide to do a masters, I hope it helps you to overcome that mindset as well! :blush:

Haha no worries at all, the classic question! Children & young people's mental health is my preferred route. I'm leaning away from clinical work and more towards charity based support, victim support, things like that at the moment - but happy to dabble in a few things to see what works :blush: Do you have any ideas yet?
    Thank you, @coc0mac! Yeah hopefully! I would really like to do one someday :)

Oh wow, that sounds really great. So do you prefer the CAMHS side of things compared to adult work? Charity and victim-based support will be a super rewarding career path for sure <3 I'm not sure yet to be honest! Potentially go down the counselling or psychotherapy route.
    I believe in you :blush:

I do yeah! I'd be open to adult work too, but mostly looking at CAMHS side for sure. And sounds like a brilliant route for you, again really rewarding :blush: Best of luck with everything! :heart:
    Sorry, @coc0mac, only just seen your reply! Thank you so much, best of luck to you too! <3

no worries @Oli! thank you so much! :heart: