Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fave comfort food? (possible TW)

AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
Just wanted to see if anyone has any meals/snacks or anything that bring them particular joy :) I understand that eating and food can be a deeply sensitive topic, so please do not feel pressured to respond to this if you do not want, I do not want this question to be confused with emotional eating, but I know life is rarely this simple and sometimes comforting things can become mentally unhealthy for us <3 Please take care when replying here x
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    For me my go to is pesto pasta with a bucket of parmesan cheese =)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Chicken wings!!! Doesn't matter how bad I'm feeling eating some chicken wings always helps. :mrgreen: No specific type either they're all good but my personal favourite is the salt and pepper wings my regular Chinese food place does, they're delish! :yum:
  • larafarajlarafaraj Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
    Mint ice cream ! ( alot of people hate it, but i love it :3 )
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Out of all the food in the world, it has to be my mum's pancakes. Especially with Nutella. <3<3<3

That and bread. :joy:
  • tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    Ice cream is good
    Haha I love that you especially love the chicken wings at your regular Chinese restaurant because then you know you can always find some modicum of peace! @Riley

So true @larafaraj not too sure why people hate on mint so much, I think it's a wonderful contrast with chocolate and vanilla =)

That's genuinely so beautiful to hear @zaynab_5 !! Kind of like you have a surefire way to improve your feelings of sickness as long as your mum can make some spaghetti <3 Do you reckon it helps you feel less sick because you know that your mum is the one who made it?

Bread is abso too accurate lol @lovemimoon , a warm baguette with butter and cheese is an eternal winner !! OOh pancakes, which kind? (like crepes or thicker ones?)

@tkdog defo agree, plus with so many flavours you can even try to suit whatever mood you're in. I find simple vanilla great for physical illness and more interesting flavours fun for when I am mentally low!!!!!!
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Definitely agree with @LorryTruck
    Chocolate cake, however, is another topic.

YEEEEEESS @AislingDM Now you're talking my language! :confounded::joy: Especially with soup! That's a good combo! (And hot chocolate ahem) Ooh, definitely a crepes fan. Thick pancakes are, uh... Um. Interesting.
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
  • PinkgubelPinkgubel Posts: 19 Settling in
    PASTA
  • RuhRuh Posts: 48 Boards Initiate
    Soup and garlic bread when I’m not well! Love dipping the bread in the soup 😋
  • rainskyerainskye Posts: 130 The Mix Convert
    sweetcorn
    I LOVE how many people are loving up pasta and bread, so simple yet so tasty and delish !!! It's so cool to see why these foods bring you all comfort too and in different ways. Like I love butter pasta after being out the night before - great for a hangover, but soup on a cold sniffly winter day is perfect too <3