Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What was your favourite part about today?

jazcharlottejazcharlotte Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
It is often easy to dwell on things that have made your day worse, here I would like you to pick out one little thing that brightened your day. Even if it was seeing a butterfly I want to hear it 🥰 anything goes nothing is too small

Comments

• jazcharlottejazcharlotte Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    My favourite part of today was cuddling Lyla ❤️65adfons8cvt.jpeg
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Love this thread, very encouraging and I find forcing myself to do this helps with getting out of emotional permanence. For me, the best thing that has happened today is finishing a job application =) p.s. Lyla is simply precious !!!!!!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Rose124Rose124 Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
    I love this thread so much!! One of my favorite things, is writing my 'day maker' (my favorite moment of the day) in my journal at the end of everyday. The thing that I am going to be writing into my journal tonight, is driving in the car with one of my friends and being in fits of giggles that lasted so long, she had to pull the car over so she didn't crash the car, we were laughing that much. It was really funny!! So that's what I would write in my journal for today. Something simple but definitely something memorable.
    AislingDM wrote: »
    Love this thread, very encouraging and I find forcing myself to do this helps with getting out of emotional permanence. For me, the best thing that has happened today is finishing a job application =) p.s. Lyla is simply precious !!!!!!

@AislingDM me too! I try to remind myself each day to pick out one thing that made my day better no matter how little it is ☺️ Glad you guys like the idea too!! ❤️
    Well done! And good luck with getting the job 🥰
    Lyla always has that soppy grin on her face and I think it’s quite contagious
    Rose124 wrote: »
    I love this thread so much!! One of my favorite things, is writing my 'day maker' (my favorite moment of the day) in my journal at the end of everyday. The thing that I am going to be writing into my journal tonight, is driving in the car with one of my friends and being in fits of giggles that lasted so long, she had to pull the car over so she didn't crash the car, we were laughing that much. It was really funny!! So that's what I would write in my journal for today. Something simple but definitely something memorable.

@Rose124 I’m so glad people are enjoying it as much as me! 🥰 that’s a great name for it I might have to steal that idea to use in my house!! Oh wow that’s a lovely day maker! Definitely a memory I’m sure you and your friend will cherish for a long time!! Thank you for sharing ❤️
    My favourite part of the day or “day maker” as @Rose124 says (which I love!) was singing at the top of my lungs in the car with my partner as the sun was shining with the windows down 🥰
  • Rose124Rose124 Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
    @jazcharlotte

I absolutely love the title of 'day maker' too. My teacher taught me about it once, and it has stuck with me ever since!!

That is the best feeling in the world. Honestly, i don't think anything can beat that carefree and fun feeling you get from singing in the car at the top of your lungs whilst the sun is shining through the windows. Sounds amazing, i can't wait for the sun to visit again and for the weather to become warmer just so that I can have another road trip like that again :)
    @Rose124 wow your teacher sounds fantastic, I bet they would be pleased to know their saying is being carried on 🥰
    Oh tell me about it! It’s one of the most freeing feelings in the world! Me neither it’s amazing how much difference a bit of sunshine makes to your mood
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    what a lovely thread! thank you for making this :blush:

so far, my favourite part about today was my breakfast. i made a cinnamon roll and a vanilla iced coffee and scrolled through pinterest. it felt like i was at a coffee shop - such good vibes!
    coc0mac wrote: »
    what a lovely thread! thank you for making this :blush:

so far, my favourite part about today was my breakfast. i made a cinnamon roll and a vanilla iced coffee and scrolled through pinterest. it felt like i was at a coffee shop - such good vibes!

@coc0mac im glad you like it! ☺️ Thank you for sharing ❤️
    That sounds lovely! I might have to take a leaf out of your book and give that a go this afternoon!
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    it was so lovely! yesss, I'd recommend :blush: i use alpro vanilla milk, so just coffee, ice and vanilla milk - so delicious! :heart:
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Reading everyone's entries to this thread is really bringing me a lot of happiness (I might even go so far as to call reading them my day-maker!). For me, it has been learning the lyrics to Jealousy, Jealousy by Olivia Rodrigo so I can lip-sync it well at the gym later =)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.