Homeā€ŗ Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi! I'm Ren :)

renwrenw Posts: 20 Boards Initiate
Hello!

My name is Lauren but feel free to call me Ren. I am 21 and about to graduate from university with a degree in Sociology and Criminology with the hopes of training to be a counsellor in the near future.

I am a huge fan of true crime, both TV dramas and books, I love baking and my favourite animal is a red panda. I am also quite into my music, I can't play any instruments unfortunately but I love to analyse songs and their meaning :)

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Comments

• Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • renwrenw Posts: 20 Boards Initiate
    @LorryTruck

Awesome! what sort of music do you like?
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    @LorryTruck

I like a bit of everything really, it depends on my mood but I'm partial to some acoustic pop and I'm also a big fan of The Beatles and Abba
    @LorryTruck

Ooo that's a difficult question. I really like Golden Slumbers by The Beatles and Him by James Marriott. What about you?
    @LorryTruck
    Ooo that sounds good, I love it when you can find songs that you can relate to. I agree with the changing favourites too, I think music is very dependent on the mood you're in
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hello!

Welcome to the Mix! <3
    It's good to have you here! :3

Ah. A fellow true crime enthusiast, I see. Watched anything new recently?
    I finished watching the Night Stalker series on Netflix and it gave me the chills.

Ooh! ABBA is absolute gold! Got any favourites from them??
    Do you watch James Marriott??
    Hi @lovemimoon

Thank you!

I haven't had the opportunity to watch anything recently due to the level of university work I have had to do but the Night Stalker is definitely on my list of things to watch!

I have got to say that take a chance on me and does your mother know that you're out are some of my faves by ABBA, what about you?
    I do watch James Marriott yes :) do you?
    @renw Ahh. Uni work. A complete bitch to handle but satisfying when you finish it!

What else is on your 'to watch' list??

For ABBA - hands down 'Voulez-Vouz' and 'Gimme Gimme Gimme.' 'Chiquitita' if I'm in a bit of happy/depressive mood.
    'Take A Chance On Me' is an absolute classic! Stuck in my head now but it's a good thing. :joy:

Used to! Used to watch a lot of Youtubers but I took a huge break from the platform. Who else do you watch??
    @lovemimoon

The ones at the top of my watchlist are Whitehouse Farm and I am a Killer so I'll get started on those soon.

Voulez-Vouz is a tune, always have to sing along to that one if it starts playing!

I watch youtube quite a bit but I only stick to a few, some of my faves are WillNE, Danny Gonzalez and Wilbur Soot (I like both his music and his videos)
    @renw

I Am A Killer is so good! Some broke my heart and it just widens your perspectives on things, you know?

YEESS! THANK YOOU! :confounded:<3
    We should have some kind of an ABBA karaoke someday? Or is that going too far? :joy: What else do you listen to?

Oooh! I love them so much! Their humour never gets old. :joy: Wilbur Soot from Soothouse?
    @lovemimoon
    Oooo, I'm even more excited to watch that now!
    Always down for some ABBA karaoke šŸ˜‚

Yeah, wilbur from soothouse, I love the soothouse bunch.
    @renw
    Huzzah! :joy:

Yeees! Their videos are amazing! I thought they spilt tho?

Come say hi to everyone here:
    https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3596830/general-chit-chat-op-greentea#latest

Keep forgetting to add the general chat to the introduction forums. :joy::sweat_smile: