Homeโ€บ General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A Letter To Your Younger Self ๐Ÿ“œ๐Ÿ“ฎ

Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
Continuing on from my seemingly obsessive "letter to" series, here's a space for you to write anything you want to your younger self.

I'm not gonna say anymore as I want all your letters to do the talking.

Posting letters like this for others to read can be really healing.

I plan to use this shortly, however it's late and tbh I need some sleep!
               (_)
                |
           ()---|---()
                |
                |
         __     |     __
        |\     /^\     /|
          '..-'   '-..'
            `-._ _.-`
                `

Comments

• Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Dear younger self,

I guess it feels like it's difficult just now, you think about how things could possibly get worse and you can't imagine it worse than it is.

Trust me, it gets worse. But also it gets better.

You've done some amazing things in your life, specifically the past 11 years.

You should've gone to high school more, I know it was tough but you really regret it now.

You should've fought harder for yourself - with social work and your mental health specifically. You were just a kid but gosh if I could go back and have a do over that's what I'd change.

Even though you somehow got to go abroad for a few years and meet some amazing people, you made mistakes over there too. I'm not sure what you did wrong but something happened over there.

Younger self I know it's hard but it's worth the fight.

You should've gone to training more often. You'd be kicking ass out there now.

Somehow your school grades got you into a good uni - but imagine if you'd tried harder.

So far you've been shit at uni but still got grades. Younger self why didn't you have more self belief?

I'm not sure why you didn't do some of the things that went through your head.

You didn't run away for long enough to get yourself support and help or attention. As usual you always took the easy way out.

You didn't commit any crimes, which you know is great, but it would've got yourself some more support. The police would've been alerted to your situation sooner.

Younger self you didn't draw enough attention to yourself to get yourself help soon enough.

Gosh you were backed against a wall and what did you do? Nothing.

And the one time you snapped after being bullied for years you ended up pinning someone against the wall and hitting their head off it in front of teachers. You were an idiot.

Nobody helped you though when the signs were there. I don't blame you for that. I forgive you for not helping yourself. After all, you were just a kid.

By the age of 14 you got the guts to do something about it, but social work didn't do enough to help you. Wow I really cannot blame you.

I wish you'd committed more when you were abroad, and made the most of it. You really miss it now. I understand that you struggled though. You'd just gone into care and then got sent away, even if it was your choice, sometimes it just felt like it was easier to dump me on someone else.

I got to experience a group home and a foster type home and dorms which very much helped me learn how to properly be a human. Even though you don't get care leaver status, you're still fighting for yourself now.

Dear younger self, I guess you're doing alright for yourself now.
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `