Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi everyone, I'm Ella - Introducing Myself

Rose124Rose124 Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
Hi everyone, my name is Ella.

I am currently training to be a counsellor/therapist in my spare time. I am really looking to being a part of the team, and being able to help people through difficult/challenging times of their life.

Please don't hesitate to send me a message if you need any help, or just want to have a good old chit chat with someone.

I look forward to getting to know you all better

Ella

Comments

• Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Hey @Rose124 welcome to the boards x
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zoenicole97zoenicole97 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hello Ella!

Thank you for your introduction :) I found it interesting that you are training to do counselling, how is that going for you? I am currently coming to the end of my CertHE in Psychology and moving on to the degree next year - I'm quite nervous haha.
  • ForestWitchForestWitch Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    Heya Ella!
    Welcome to the boards :) Hope to see you around!

Becky
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hey, Ella! <3

Welcome to the Mix! <3
    It's good to have you here! :3
  • Rose124Rose124 Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
    Hello Ella!

Thank you for your introduction :) I found it interesting that you are training to do counselling, how is that going for you? I am currently coming to the end of my CertHE in Psychology and moving on to the degree next year - I'm quite nervous haha.

Hi zoenicole97

It's actually really hard because i'm not taking the traditional route to becoming a counsellor or therapist actually (i'm not studying social work or psychology at uni level actually, instead i am going on to study directing theatre at uni) counselling is more just a job that i am hoping to do alongside directing theatre, so it's been hard but i'm trying to gain a lot of practical experience by volunteering for mental health charities. I'm also studying an online level 1 course in counselling during my free time too.

Good luck with studying psychology at degree level. I'm sure you'll do amazing!!

If you have any questions about training to be a counsellor/therapist that you feel i may be able to answer, please don't hesitate to send me a message.

All the best.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey Ella! Look forward to getting to know you too < 3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley