Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The “last movie you watched” thread

Comments

• lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Oh. Oh my.

@Riley Where do we start?

It was so good! Couldn't keep my eyes away cos everything was escalating!
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Haha wow that good huh? Definitely gonna have to watch it soon then! :mrgreen:
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • naominaomi Posts: 94 Budding Regular
    I don't really watch movies but I'll say two (cuz I'm extra), I watched A Beautiful Mind and A Week Away both on Netflix.
    How was it?? @naomi
    @lovemimoon thanks for asking! They were both good movies and I really enjoyed watching A Week Away it's some family friendly fun. I watched A Beautiful Mind for a school assignment months ago and wow was it good! I really enjoyed watching it and it was quite thought provoking and super interesting.
    @naomi School assignment?? Do you study Media?
    @lovemimoon No I studied Psychology. We were in lockdown when I watched it. My psychology teacher wanted to set us a fun assignment task during the half term so we had to watch a movie and a documentary and write a review based on our knowledge from psychology and the general movie. I chose to watch A Beautiful Mind because we had already studied schizophrenia and I thought it would be a good film to watch
    Ahhh

That's so cool! Thank you! I'll watch it @naomi
  • SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 761 Part of The Mix Family
    I watched the new Pixar film Luca, me and my family we really enjoyed it. The animation is really pretty and it has a beautiful message.
    You're awesome!
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    The Glory Glory days
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Space jam at the cinema on Tuesday
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Somethings gotta give
  • summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
    47 metres down
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Last night u went to see a live performance of Blade Runner. We'd got free tickets from my mum's friend as she was unable to make it. It was basically a cinema viewing at a concert hall with the live concert music, so essentially a horror type sci-fi movie with intensified sound effects. Pretty cool!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Anch0r33 wrote: »
    Last night u went to see a live performance of Blade Runner. We'd got free tickets from my mum's friend as she was unable to make it. It was basically a cinema viewing at a concert hall with the live concert music, so essentially a horror type sci-fi movie with intensified sound effects. Pretty cool!

morning <3

That sounds so cool!!
    Did you enjoy it?
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Morning @summerxo21 <3

@GreenTea I actually really did! The sound effects were crazy good!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Good to hear @Anch0r33
    Morning @summerxo21 <3

@GreenTea I actually really did! The sound effects were crazy good!

thanks for your comments thank you so much <3 my closest friend on here
    Shazam
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Ron gone wrong
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    In the post-Halloween spirit: all the Scary movie films, they are hilarious!
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    A classic 2000s film, Scooby Doo, the live action one but NOW I also cannot wait to rewatch all the classic cartoon ones too like Scooby Doo Cyber Chase =)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • emilia_eemilia_e Posts: 16 Settling in
    Hocus pocus of of course especially for spooky season
  • welch_josiewelch_josie Posts: 2 Newbie
    Camp rock! Lol
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Dune

It was amazing
    Weekender Offender 
  • maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    I actually rewatched 'The Death of Stalin', which is such a hilarious film.
  • La_LaLa_La Posts: 156 Helping Hand
    I watched Venom 2: Let There be Carnage. lmao actually i was so desperate to watch it that i pre booked tickets. It was an experience, that's for sure.
    Also I saw a South African Netflix movie named Angeliena, which was a moving story of a woman with motor neurone sydrome doing her best to travel around the world. She was a real light in everyone's lives man. Sad film, some of the plot twists wrecked me
    ~ Dreamer ~
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Any recommendations for a suspense film. Or comedy series?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Camp Rock is an abso classic, singing those sings brings me a level of happiness that I'll never truly be able to articulate @welch_josie !!