Homeā€ŗ General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ask me a question

Past UserPast User RecoveringšŸ„€LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hey!

So I recently seen your post asking for tips on personal statements and I just want to ask you:
    How do you feel about shifting from college/sixth form/alternative courses to uni?

What are you looking forward to? What are your concerns?

(Too many questions?)
  • Past UserPast User RecoveringšŸ„€ LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited June 2021
    Post edited by Past User on
    edited June 2021
  • rainskyerainskye Posts: 130 The Mix Convert
    zaynab_5 wrote: Ā»
    Ask me any question and I'll happily answer it :)

What's something that has made you happy this week? :)
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    zaynab_5 wrote: Ā»
    @lovemimoon I love answering a lot of questions so it's all good! =)

The shift from college to uni is a big change and it will make a huge difference because I feel like I'm going to experience a wave of different emotions. I feel happy about it because it will be a new adventure for me and I'm going to start a new life. I'm also going to have a chance to make new friends and I think this will be good for me. It's also kind of exciting as well because I'll be able to go to new places with my new friends. But then I feel nervous too because I'm going to be fully independent and at times I might miss home, but hopefully the nervousness fades over time. Overall, I'm slightly ready for it.

I want to study the undergraduate accounting and finance programme in university. I want to study this course because I really want to learn how to focus on money management, financial and reporting, and the best processes to save cash. I want to deal with the challenges of an ever-changing business world. I want to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to operate effectively in the fast-paced world of multinational companies and global financial markets. I want to become a chartered certified accountant when I'm older because I am determined to have a keen understanding of how organisations work through finance. I was keen and determined to become an accountant at an early age of 11. I want to learn how to use the necessary tools to make evidence-based decision-making, which combines both management and technical skills. I really want to also help my clients as much as I can. I think helping people solve their problems and achieve their business goals is a pretty rewarding way to spend my time.

I am just concerned about one thing, which is getting into second year. Because I was in hospital for three and a half months, I've missed three whole months of college which is a total of 112 lessons missed. I've been trying to catch up with my work, but I'm not there yet. I am currently getting majority of C's and a few D's in my standard monitoring assessments and I've got one B. I am not asking for high grades for this year, I just want to pass this year. Over the summer I'll catch up and hopefully I'll do better in my A level mocks!

Hey! I'll resend it here. :joy:

I have a really good friend who's been in a similar situation.

Since primary school, he's been quite sick cos he has an autoimmune disease. Secondary school and sixth form was probably one of the worst times for him - he missed a lot of school because he was severely sick and it took a toll on him, mentally. But him, being the embodiment of a workaholic, studied during his sick days so he could stay on top of his work. Man, he has a whole timetable dedicated to work. By the end of sixth form, he got really good grades.

Though you've missed quite a few months of college, you're going to pass and you're going to get those grades. Why? Because you carry a very, very strong perseverance through your struggles, through dark times and through suffering. Because you're going to push through this and thrive. <3

9a2b7jnwd1sv.png
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    lool i love this thread !! it really helps us all get to know each other better @zaynab_5 =) I am curious what is ur fave TV show and why? <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Favourite musical artists?
    I say this in general chat a lot but I'm very uncultured so I probably won't know them, so explain why you like them too, if you don't mind.
    šŸŽµ I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake šŸŽµ
    edited June 2021
    OMG SAME i'm watching it rn, it brings me a lot of happiness too and I'd say it's for the same reason, about how people can bridge gaps no matter who they are. I also love Scott because he seems like such a genuine person =)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    LOOL at the heart eyes emoji !! Truly they're acc all beauts on that show !!!! I <3 Stiles, I think he is actually what makes the show =)
    edited July 2021
    That's abso so accurate @zaynab_5 ! Like he could have asked anyone for the bite and even got offered it easily but he knows he doesn't need it, which I genuinely think is so cool. I also do feel that he is good-natured. I love the show too because, generally-speaking, they're less creepy about the women/girl characters and also don't try to age the characters up too much in terms of their behaviours (like they kind of do in Gossip Girl, for example, but ngl that's still a fave show of mine too haha!)
    100000% they're such positive thinkers plus they show the girls' friendships not just through the male gaze/when the girls are talking about the boys, it actually shows how they support one another. Also agree about Allison, so sad and I completely get the actress feeling too old for the role, but equally it is annoying that we didnt get to see more of her as she developed.