Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What is ur fave comfort show/movie/book?????

AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
ANYTHING GOES as the discussion is called xx It can be something that brings your vibes up when you're low or something that keeps you low and allows you to really experience and feel those emotions (because sometimes this is necessary <3) xx
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
Tagged:

Comments

• AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I have too many comfort shows and movies but atm it is the Twilight Saga and New Girl (honourable mention to Glee - love u Klaine xxx) they bring me a sense of safety and relaxation (I struggle to try new things generally so sometimes I'll just branch out within the same universe - like I'll read about Twilight fan theories online haha).
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    I've acc never watched it @zaynab_5 !!! what would you say makes it so comforting for you?

NO BUT SO TRUE, twilight is acc the dream atm, it's nice to find comfort in characters and storylines, whilst also recognising their flaws <3
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    That acc does sound amazing and I do love Robin Williams too a very funny man so I think I'll watch it this weekend =)@zaynab_5

Lmao if I am being so honest I love them all so so much in so many different ways like Seth is so kind and open to new experiences, Bella is really awkward and thinks differently to others which I love, tbh tho Edward is prob my secret fave even tho he defo is not the number one feminist icon lmao @LorryTruck
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Mine has to be Outnumbered. I watched it when I was a kid and it reminds me of simpler times.

I also love Friday Night Dinner and The Inbetweeners, also fun lighthearted comedies. Superstore on Netflix as well.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    TV/Movies
    • The IT Crowd
    • F Is For Family - I love the animation and the storyline(s) that take place.
    • Brooklyn 99
    • RuPaul's Drag Race
    • Girl From Nowhere (has given me the chills and I love it)
    • Dynasty
    • Shameless (US version) - I recently finished it but it strangely gave me so much comfort.
    • Sense 8
    • Good Girls
    • American Horror Story
    • Mean Girls (SHAPED EVEEEERYTHING)
    • Orphan Black
    • Wild Child (FAV CHILDHOOD FILM)
    • Archer
    • Superstore

Books
    • All the Robert Hunter series by Chris Carter
    • The following Stephen King books: Misery, The Four Seasons, Carrie, Green Mile, Christine
    • The Manifesto on How To Be Interesting - Holly Bourne
    • The following Malorie Blackman books: Boys Don't Cry, The Stuff of Nightmares, Pig Heart Boy, Noble Conflict and Noughts & Crosses.
    • The Act of Being Normal - Lisa Williamson
    • Bird - Crystal Chan
    • Web of Darkness - Bali Rai
    • The DUFF - Kody Keplinger
    • Bad Girls with Perfect Faces - Lynn Weingarten
    • One - Sarah Crossan
    • The following Amélie Nothomb novels: Sulphuric Acid and Fear & Trembling
    • SCUM Manifesto - Valerie Solanas
    • 13 Minutes - Sarah Pinborough
    • How To Build A Girl - Caitlin Moran

Okay. This is a guilty pleasure but all the Dork Diaries series. I'm about to turn 20 and I'm still reading these books. :joy:

Looking back at this list, I realise that the majority of it has covers a lot of mature themes and/or has heavy topics. Dunno. I love the intensity they bring and I'm so immersed in them that I completely forget that I had a shitty day/week/month. But yeeeah.
    Loved it because it was abso so heart warming and has some truly beautiful quotes in it @zaynab_5 !! (Just kind of sucks how much stuff from that 90s has an undercurrent of transphobia in it) <3

Completely agree @independent_ !! There is something so awesome about British comedies too, I feel they differ quite a lot from American ones and it really makes me feel at home to watch them =)

Omg @lovemimoon !! I LOVE loads of those such truth like there can be something 'oddly' comforting about watching stuff with serious vibes and themes to it. Sometimes we need that in our lives. Equally sometimes you want a classic old rom com type film like Wild Child =) I'll have a looksie at the ones I haven't seen/read yet !

He acc has to be a secret fave for everyone I reckon @LorryTruck !! Oh 1000% Emmett is so so sweet like what a kind man and I love him even more when you get to know him better in Midnight Sun <3
    SOO true Emmett is so sweet !!! yeah tbh bella needed to be left alone by them all but she was obv already in love by then so him leaving was just devastating :(