Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Favourite Cake - I will bake the winner [I am a hilariously bad baker]

Lauren223Lauren223 Posts: 71 Budding Regular
Hello hello,

On tv last night there was a show about cake. The premise was to count down the UK's top 20 cakes and overall it was a fun, wholesome experience. It also got me super into the idea of baking one of them, and since I am famously a bad baker in my neighbourhood, I want you to help me choose which cake to make and I will do it on the Bank Holiday (the 31st of May).

There are no rules, I have popped in 10 options, so half the list from the show, including the ones I can probably make (I can't make a pudding, soz and jaffa cake is too controversial)

Have fun voting and I will bake and show you all the creation as soon as it is done. Feel free to also add in what shape I should make it in (I have a lot of tins and a wild imagination)

Lauren

Favourite Cake - I will bake the winner [I am a hilariously bad baker] 16 votes

Lemon Drizzle
12%
TheMixnaomi 2 votes
Carrot
12%
Millie2787Past User 2 votes
Brownie
18%
Dandelionlovenature773AbbyOwl 3 votes
Coffee
0%
Chocolate
43%
independent_Past UserLaineDancerAislingDMlovemimoonLeila 7 votes
Cheesecake [any flavour]
12%
RileySalix_alba_2019 2 votes
Blueberry muffin
0%
Victoria sponge
0%
Banana
0%
Rum and raisin
0%

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Chocolate
    I do love red velvet too!

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Brownie
    I love a brownie, and they’re relatively easy to make. But chocolate cake with chocolate icing is a close second 😂
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Chocolate
    Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!!!!!!!!

But you already knew that (if you know me at all) :lol:
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Lauren223Lauren223 Posts: 71 Budding Regular
    A lot of love for chocolate so far... perhaps I should start having a peak at some chocolate cake recipes 👀

h8pr9lhbk5jp.png

I'll avoid making a hedgehog cake!
  • AbbyOwlAbbyOwl Posts: 125 The Mix Convert
    Brownie
    Brownie for me, but I'm not one to turn down chocolate cake! Haha, yes, maybe leave the hedgehog cake for next time :lol: Baking is a great way to spend your bank holiday weekend, and hope you have a successful cake to enjoy afterwards :)
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Chocolate
    Defo choco fudge cake, like those yummy ones with lots of thick ganache - truly a chef's kiss moment <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Carrot
    Definitely carrot ! @Mike still owes me one of those 🤣🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    Carrot
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    OoooOOOOoooo it's really heating up in this kitchen for what cake I will bake.
    will chocolate continue to lead or will another come in and steal the crown??

I realised that I never made a plan for if there is a joint winner. Could you imagine me trying to mash up cake flavours 😂 Anyone fancy a chocolate and carrot cheesecake??

Also here is another cake fail - I should also avoid any recipes that require making Disney princesses.

6l2mbo1ordwg.png
    Loooooooooooooks like we have a winner!

I will buy myself some cocoa and whip up a lovely lil chocolate sponge and show you the final product tomorrow.

Wish me luck!
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Chocolate
    TheMix wrote: »
    (darn, this is Emma logged on to the wrong account, I do not speak on behalf of the rest of the team 😂)
    but if their answer isn't lemon drizzle then they're silly 😋

Oh Emma. 😂 Isn't that something you always do! 😜 But yes, lemon drizzle cake is really nice. Maybe everyone else in the team does like lemon drizzle cake. @Mike @Ed_ @Connor @Italia
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Chocolate
    Lauren223 wrote: »
    A lot of love for chocolate so far... perhaps I should start having a peak at some chocolate cake recipes 👀

h8pr9lhbk5jp.png

I'll avoid making a hedgehog cake!

They look really good. Did you make those cakes or are they photos from the internet?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Chocolate

I realised that I never made a plan for if there is a joint winner. Could you imagine me trying to mash up cake flavours 😂 Anyone fancy a chocolate and carrot cheesecake??

Also here is another cake fail - I should also avoid any recipes that require making Disney princesses.

6l2mbo1ordwg.png

That was a really nice attempt at making a Disney princess cake. I can still understand which princess it is and I am sure that it was delicious so that is what matters. Hardwork beats talent if talent doesn't work hard!
    Chocolate
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    Definitely carrot ! @Mike still owes me one of those 🤣🤣

Oh yeah I still remember that you are owed a carrot cake by @Mike No visiting the dogs until you give @Millie2787 their carrot cake! I think it has been about 2 years now that you have been waiting. Hurry up!
    Chocolate
    Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!!!!!!!!

But you already knew that (if you know me at all) :lol:

Yes I think that everyone on here knows that by now even if they are brand new. 😜 However it sort of surprises me that you didn't say coffee!
    Chocolate
    Hello hello,

On tv last night there was a show about cake. The premise was to count down the UK's top 20 cakes and overall it was a fun, wholesome experience. It also got me super into the idea of baking one of them, and since I am famously a bad baker in my neighbourhood, I want you to help me choose which cake to make and I will do it on the Bank Holiday (the 31st of May).

There are no rules, I have popped in 10 options, so half the list from the show, including the ones I can probably make (I can't make a pudding, soz and jaffa cake is too controversial)

Have fun voting and I will bake and show you all the creation as soon as it is done. Feel free to also add in what shape I should make it in (I have a lot of tins and a wild imagination)

Lauren

I'm sure that you aren't that bad. It makes me sad when people are unkind about themselves! <3 And yes Jaffa Cake would be too controversial! I think that you should make the cake into either a heart or a unicorn (preferably a unicorn!) When you say that you are a bad baker, do the cakes turn out burnt or is the decorating not the best? If the cakes don't turn out burnt then that is probably more than what I can do.
    Chocolate

6l2mbo1ordwg.png

Also no thank you to the chocolate and carrot cheesecake. Both are delicious but not together!
    Chocolate
    Loooooooooooooks like we have a winner!

I will buy myself some cocoa and whip up a lovely lil chocolate sponge and show you the final product tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

I think that we all knew from the start that either chocolate or lemon drizzle was going to win so this is going to be awesome. Good luck with baking the chocolate sponge.
    u4c6ppltbhz5.jpg

Very happy to introduce you to my chocolate cake with cream (there was a lot of leftover cream)

Not vegan, but vegetarian and reduced sugar, so sorta diabetic friendly 😍
    Chocolate
    You did so well with that cake. Well done Lauren! :)<3
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Brownie
    Ooh that looks so yummy
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.