Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    I have to go and talk to my head of year tomorrow about some problems at school. I would talk to my student support officer but he is off for a few days.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Having a reaction to stictches. Not sure why but back to doctors I go!
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    Reallyyyyyy struggling :’(
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Applied for peer support worker role. Didn’t even get interview this time. Feel myself giving up
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    rainskyerainskye Posts: 130 The Mix Convert
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Applied for peer support worker role. Didn’t even get interview this time. Feel myself giving up

Agh, that must feel so frustrating, I'm sorry to hear that. Keep moving forward, there is a role out there for you!
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Feeling really sorry and down with myself 🥺 found out got to have Hearing aids and now my ED worker is off sick and they’ve cancelled my appointment on 8th June as they don’t think she’ll be back .
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I feel aweful and my urges are so bad
  • Options
  • Options
    rainskye wrote: »
    This may be a long one (sorry in advance)...

I have borderline personality disorder (BPD or otherwise known as emotional unstable personality disorder (EUPD)) and I develop really quick emotional connections to people in mental health. I am currently undergoing counseling (I have had around 5 sessions so far) and I feel a really good connection with the counsellor (we'll call him A), I'm able to feel comfortable and open up and it really does bring my mood up after speaking to him. He has been on annual leave for the past 2 weeks, and my next session with him is on June 11th (around 2 weeks time). I'm struggling a great deal being away from him as he is my favourite person (https://www.borderlinetalksback.com/post/what-is-a-favourite-person). I've been able to access other services for the time he is away, however I have now grown an attachment to another worker (we'll call him B) from a different well-being service. I have spoken to this worker 3 times, and he is definitely my favourite person now alongside my regular counsellor.

It's really difficult when my favourite person ends up being someone I'm not able to contact in my own time, and although as silly as it sounds, I have a great deal of jealousy knowing they speak to other people. My emotions have been through the absolute roof and I have been hospitalised 3 times in the past 2 weeks due to this intense emotion.

Last night I was wanting to speak to B but I couldn't as he was busy and it really got me down and I was starting to spiral. I'm putting this out here to wonder if anyone else has gone through a similar thing and if not, I just need a hug!

Sending love and support to everyone this weekend <3

The cool face didn't mean to be there, ahaha. I said we'll call the other worker B
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    My dad just asked me if I’d get a sleeve tattoo for my scars. I don’t know how supposed to feel about that. Is it just general question or is he ashamed
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    I think that it was just a general question although it sounds like he asked it in a way that was very insensitive so I understand why you feel upset or annoyed about it.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Ah thanks. He just showed me his scar of when he tried to kill himself and was saying he wanted it covered but can’t because he still doesn’t have feeling in two of his fingers
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    I've suddenly gained this huge social life and it feels really overwhelming
  • Options
    @GreenTea Overwhelming in a good or bad way?
  • Options
    rainskye wrote: »
    @GreenTea Overwhelming in a good or bad way?

Both. It feels like a lot too quickly but I'm also enjoying it.
  • Options
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    I’m just so tired and struggling tbh. And don’t understand why.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
This discussion has been closed.