Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Travel

pistachiopistachio Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So once covid restrictions are lifted and it's safe to travel again I was thinking of looking into working in France or finding some sort of volunteering for a year after uni but I've literally no idea where to start. Has anyone done this or something similar and have any suggestions or tips?
Post edited by JustV on
Tagged:

Comments

• RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    I wish I could give you more practical advice @pistachio but unfortunately I don't have any experience with this myself. :s The first thing that comes to mind though is that hopefully your university will have advice and resources available for this type of thing. Do you know if your university or one of your lecturers are able to help you at all with this?

I know we have lots of different kinds of people here on the boards so hopefully someone will be able to give you advice where my own experience falls short. :lol: In any case please keep us updated with how this is all going for you since moving to France certainly sounds exciting!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • pistachiopistachio Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
    @Riley no worries I will do <3 it's all a bit daunting at the moment but thanks for the suggestion
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Second what @Riley says - universities usually have volunteer posts available as they work with a lot of charities on different projects. Ask your uni volunteer service, or get in touch with your students' union on this. There may also be volunteer agencies that provide international volunteer experiences, so you could talk to them about their COVID plans and what kind of work you're looking for x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.