Homeβ€Ί General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sun Awareness Week & Mental Health Awareness month 🌞

CassheewdhasunshineCassheewdhasunshine Posts: 12 Settling in
Sun awareness week takes place this week in the UK, while mental health awareness month occurs around the world. In order to introduce these two events, I would like to talk about what the sun can do for your mental health. Did you know that the sun has a lot of mood-boosting benefits for your mental health? πŸ€” 🌞

Research shows that exposure to sunlight increases serotonin production in the brain. Serotonin is considered a mood booster and helps a person feel calm and focused. Also, sunshine is associated with better mental health because it can help you to reduce the symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder, anxiety, stress and depression. Sunlight is also a great source of Vitamin D, and even just a few minutes a few times per week can make a difference.

This week, take some time outside - it is completely free and accessible! β˜€οΈ
What can you find in nature that affects your mental health positively? Share your answer with us in the comments below. ❀️ j2syklfumlu3.jpeg
roqczuuts0ko.jpeg

Comments

• Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Really lovely to see you pop up again @Cassheewdhasunshine, your posts always make me smile ❀️
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    This is a nice post @Cassheewdhasunshine 🀍😁
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Flowers - Spring/summer's the season where different floral species bloom and depending where you live, it's where the gardeners get their grove on.
    There's something about their shapes and colours that always makes my day better.

Stray cats - seeing the occasional cat is one thing, interacting with them is another. By interacting with them, my worries eases. <3
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I LOVE this post - something that I love is when it is lightly raining but it's warm out and a top tier scenario (which can't be done during COVID, mind) is swimming outside in a warm country whilst it's raining - truly beautiful and relaxing :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.