Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Was I wrong in this situation?

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
This morning there was a situation that occurred on the bus on my way to school and I was wondering if I was in the wrong in the situation. Some people at school have assured me that it was not my fault and that they would have done exactly the same thing if they were in the same situation as me.

So the thing that happened was that a women got on to the bus with her 3 kids (a girl who looked about 5 or 6 and twins who looked about 1.) One of the twins had a drink in a bottle that they were holding. Then that little kid decided to point the drink at me and she was about to squirt me with the drink. I moved out of the way so I didn't have to get wet and this was something that I did quietly and in a polite way.

The mother didn't notice what the kid had done at first before she saw that I had moved somewhere else. She whispered to me "What happened?" I told her that one of her kids was about to squirt me with their drink so I moved to another seat. She then basically had a go at me because apparently the drink wasn't even open and said that I was being rude. I wasn't even being rude but I apologised to her anyway. I was polite the entire time and didn't even say anything when I moved to another seat. Thankfully I was getting off at the next stop so I didn't have to put up with her for long. I didn't even know that the drink bottle was closed and for all I knew, it could have been open. I didn't want to risk getting wet so I moved out of the way.

Who was in the wrong? Me, the women on the bus or both? People at school who know about the situation have all agreed that it wasn't my fault.
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Doesn't sound like you did anything wrong to me
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    You were not in the wrong at all
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong at all @Dancer and I hope you weren't too worried about all this, nice to hear that your friends at school all have your back about it too! :triumph: Hopefully something like this doesnt happen to you again but I also think you did the right thing of avoiding an argument and getting off the bus when you could, noone likes getting into a big row with a stranger in public.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    You weren’t wrong 🤍
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Defo agree with everyone else @Dancer - not in the wrong! But I can imagine it left you feeling really worried you had if you have a grown woman having a go at you. That doesn't sound nice at all from this person. Maybe it's one of those situations where some parents can get really defensive of their kids? Either way it still was not cool of that woman and you don't need all this stress on a random bus trip :( You did the right thing and I'm glad you asked here for others' opinions because hopefully it reinforces that you aren't a bad person/didn't do anything wrong. :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.