Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What's made you smile today?

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Seeing my grandparents for the first time in 8 months
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I'm crying 🥺🥺 a few days ago a patient was having a particularly hard time battling the voices, I was ordering milkshakes and offered her one, she was so grateful and couldn't stop smiling 🤗 well just woke up for morning meds to find this at the end of my bed with a wee note from her 🥺💖💖

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Told my dad about the guardian angel I posted above from another patient and this is part of his reply, so obviously I'm in tears again, he's not the soppy type 🥺🥺🥺
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    The man in Tesco having a sing song while stocking the shelves. Made my day
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    That made me smile @BubblesGoesBoo how nice :smiley:
    The therapy rabbit coming for a visit 💖💖
    Went for a walk and met an elderly man and his dog. His dog wanted to play so the man let us throw his ball for him for a little while and we got chatting, he was really lovely and Zeus was also very lovely
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Teddy in the snow! Little cutie
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    My post man is just the happiest loveliest person ever! 
    Got my new fridge. Ayy no more flooded kitchen
    Got a little gift from a friend today. Was what I needed because I felt ready to give up
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Being back on here and having such a lovely welcome in SC again ⚓❤️
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    DBT support group message
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Anch0r33 wrote: »
    Being back on here and having such a lovely welcome in SC again ⚓❤️

Lovely to hear 💕
  • Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    my friend sent me a beautiful candle and wax melts in the post ❤
    2ie38y3j6b78.jpg
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Emma_ wrote: »
    my friend sent me a beautiful candle and wax melts in the post ❤
    2ie38y3j6b78.jpg

Awww it sounds like you have an amazing friend. I hope that you enjoy the candle and wax melts.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    The kindness in a discord server I'm in. I reached out for support this evening and they were fantastic.
    Such a wonderful group of people
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    GreenTea wrote: »
    The kindness in a discord server I'm in. I reached out for support this evening and they were fantastic.

Totally agree with this, getting yourself part of a caring online community can be such a blessing! Especially over the past year where online communication has been basically a necessity. :grimace:
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Riley wrote: »
    GreenTea wrote: »

Totally agree with this, getting yourself part of a caring online community can be such a blessing! Especially over the past year where online communication has been basically a necessity. :grimace:

Literally. Discord is such a great place for that. It's not just about gamers! I'm in some really lovely communities on discord
  • SkyeSkye Posts: 103 The Mix Convert
    Met my bestfriends after a time :3
    Won't you come over and watch the stars with me?

Bella

Looking sfter her tonight

rlqx4mzczt6a.jpeg
    I've been out most nights/evening to play football and just see friends and I've really enjoyed it
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Bella

Looking sfter her tonight

rlqx4mzczt6a.jpeg

Awww Bella.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    @Emma_'s snowman on our Christmas spreadsheet ☃️

4fjgp9jptcma.png

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Teddy coming to say hi with kisses as soon as I wake up. Always makes me smile
    One of my cats was snuggled up with me earlier and it was adorable especially when she was trying to grab my hand and pull it towards her so I would stroke her. And she kept on trying to snuggle her head under my arm so she could get as close to me as possible.
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Had the best shower this morning. It was long and warm and just made me feel so much better physically
    edited October 2021
    Received a beautiful message of someone today.
    Online support <3