Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Running music

DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So I started couch to 5k a few months ago and I managed to finish it, I ran for the time your meant to and got to 4.5k which I was really proud of. I then had a really bad run, I was really tired and I could barely manage to do a kilometre. Since then I havent even been able to run for longer than about 3km which is so annoying because I know I’ve done better than that before but I’m almost stopping myself because of that bad run.

Anyway, I love to listen to music when I run. Some of my favourite songs to listen to are run boy run by Woodkid and seven nation army. I like songs with a good beat, as they make me want to continue running. Does anyone have any songs with a good beat or songs that are good to run to, I’d love to add some more to my playlist. Thanks xx
The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    In Motion from The Social Network soundtrack
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I totally get what you mean @Dandelion!! I started couch to 5k in lockdown and when I say I could not get past week 3! It is a really frustrating situation and can leave you feeling defeated about an activity you were feeling pretty good about before. The thing I keep trying to remind myself of is with more practice I eventually will get past it - I know this is the most basic advice though =)

I think you should be proud of yourself for getting out there at all - running is hard!!

I'd recommend La La Land by Demi Lovato (embarrassing I know!).

I'd love to hear more recommendations from you?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    We Are Sex Bob-Omb by Sex Bob-Omb
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Thanks guys, I’ll add them to my playlist and listen to them next time I run 😊
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    edited April 2021
    Congrats on the running !

Spotify have a few good playlists full of upbeat songs in their workout section, they have a few for running 😄

Here’s a few from my playlist, these tend to keep me going😂

edaq3yoxoaww.jpeg

9oac3ba18xfm.png

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    A song that motivates me to exercise is Feel It Still by Portugal The Man
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Thanks guys, @Liam cant believe I didn’t think about looking for a playlist 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 I found one I like on Apple Music and it’s got tonnes of songs in which is good.