Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Health

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
edited April 2021 in Health & Wellbeing
I’m getting really self conscious about how much sugar I intake

I just brought blood sugar testing kit. That comes tomorrow

Will this tel me if my diet is bad

ceuw9hf6ega4.jpeg
4da0vebhrre2.png

Will this tell me if I have a bad diet?
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
Post edited by Siena on

Comments

• coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hey Shaunie! :heart:

To be perfectly honest, I'm not 100% sure about this. However, it could be a good idea to speak about your results from this with a medical professional over the phone if you were worried - they could tell you a little bit more about what it means :smile:

I have a major sweet tooth, I definitely eat a lot more sugar than the savoury lovers in my fam. I scared myself before by googling about this haha, but when I brought this up with my GP they did a blood test and all was okay. I think it's about being mindful if you get any symptoms that you think could be from too much sugar, and checking them out if so :smile:

I try to cut down on sugar with little changes. Like sugar free syrup at starbucks, having a hot choc instead of an actual chocolate bar, that kinda thing x
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Thank you

They came today
    My doctor gave me a peak flow today cause of my breathing. Feel like I could set up my own gp room lol

My oxygen says is fine and my heart rate also says is fine.
    My blood sugar level is 7 which apparently normal but it’s one step closer to being borderline

xivaqvleh7su.jpeg

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Hope this doesn’t look like borderline health anxiety instead lol
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    That sounds like some pretty good news @Shaunie !! Getting back 'normal' readings can feel good but I know it does not make your worries disappear entirely, life is rarely that simple.

I must admit, it brings me a lot of relief having things like that around my house too - like a blood pressure machine can be such a simple, yet reassuring thing =)

It makes sense to be concerned about your health, but I know it can become overwhelming when panic sets in, so I really am glad you wrote in about your worries! Sometimes doing something actionable, like ordering those test kits, can be really helpful so well done for doing that too x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • sailingswallowssailingswallows Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
    Hi Shaunie, I glad those things are coming back okay. I know that you wouldn't really want it much lower then 7 so thats good!
    I hope you can get access to what ever support you need!
    Glad the GP took the time and you can see if the peak flow is okay.
    Ge
    Thanks but my fasting blood sugar levels have just said 6.7 which means pre diabetes
    Never mind it’s been under 5 now. Says 4.6 atm