Homeโ€บ Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Convinced I'm a disappointment ๐Ÿ˜ข

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
Hi guys

Its been a while since my last one things have gotten kind of better but still not 100% let me explain why:

Relationship: My relationship is going good I think we're growing stronger as a couple I think idk but i think my social anxiety is getting the better of me Because I haven't really been talking when I'm trying to make this Work I really love this girl keep that in mind but I feel like a huge disappointment cause I can't show or tell her I feel and thats really making me think I'm not enough ik I've mentioned this lots of times before but I really feel it now I'd be amazing on a date when I can't even talk I hate myself right now ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ญ

I also have been trying to get what happened between me and my ex out of my head because I think that's what's causing me to be so not talkative I constantly blame myself for everything that happens even if it's not my fault my thoughts keep telling me your a disappointment your nothing you deserve the way your ex has been treating you and if we end this relationship I'm most likely gonna say I deserve it because I think I've sunk so low at this point where Nothing surprises me anymore and Ill just end up blaming and hurting myself even more so if it does happen guys I'm sorry I don't like being like that ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ญ

Can you guys please help me? I really really need it right now ๐Ÿ˜ข

And to my girlfriend if you read this: I'm really really sorry I can't show how I feel I'm really really trying you can break up with me if you want I wouldn't be surprised if you did anymore cause I really really do love you even if I don't say or show it I really really do you all will probably find me weird for saying this here rather than to her but I really really do need her to know this I wish I could do more but I can't I suck at this whole dating thing ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข

Comments

• FluffyPandas99FluffyPandas99 Posts: 10 Settling in
    Hey bro, i feel the same way, im in an amazing relationship and its terrifying, and i am scared to screw thing sup and think that im not enough. I would say a few things, first you deserve happiness and love, and tho i dont know you, you have wonderful quality's, something that helped me is i wrote down a quick few things to say on a post-it
    ex: "You are special unique and deserve love and happiness, you are funny and even if your not Chris hemsworth(not gay but like damn lol) you still have nice hair and are pretty fit, and you know more about butterfly breeding then anyone else in your county."
    then even if you don't think its true at first, say it to yourself in the mirror every time you are in the bathroom, and you'll find yourself believing it. Also everyone has a mental health journey and story, and that includes your girlfriends, so i would recommend just telling her a little, not all but just your sorry you haven't talked much, and you rly do love her you just are struggling a little, and oen of two things will happen; either she will be kind loving and ask if she can help, and tell you she accepts you, or you'll learn she wasn't worth pursuing anything with in the first place.
    Love you bro, and if you want to talk feel free to DM me
  • awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
    Hey bro, i feel the same way, im in an amazing relationship and its terrifying, and i am scared to screw thing sup and think that im not enough. I would say a few things, first you deserve happiness and love, and tho i dont know you, you have wonderful quality's, something that helped me is i wrote down a quick few things to say on a post-it
    ex: "You are special unique and deserve love and happiness, you are funny and even if your not Chris hemsworth(not gay but like damn lol) you still have nice hair and are pretty fit, and you know more about butterfly breeding then anyone else in your county."
    then even if you don't think its true at first, say it to yourself in the mirror every time you are in the bathroom, and you'll find yourself believing it. Also everyone has a mental health journey and story, and that includes your girlfriends, so i would recommend just telling her a little, not all but just your sorry you haven't talked much, and you rly do love her you just are struggling a little, and oen of two things will happen; either she will be kind loving and ask if she can help, and tell you she accepts you, or you'll learn she wasn't worth pursuing anything with in the first place.
    Love you bro, and if you want to talk feel free to DM me

Hi fluffy panda

Thank You for the kind words I really appreciate it I just really have a hard time showing these things but I'm really trying to make this work it's hard having things on your mind that really shouldn't be on your mind and I keep thinking I'm messing up because I don't really have much experience in these things but I'm really really trying I will try talk to her about it and see how that goes I'll probably update tomorrow about it and hopefully it goes well fingers crossed
  • JamJarJamJar Posts: 274 The Mix Regular
    The initial response from @FluffyPandas99 was so relatable and appropriate I don't have any more to add to that.

I was just wondering whether there had been an update from @awesomeminecraft6789 if you've started to tell your partner how you feel? <3
  • awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
    JamJar wrote: ยป
    The initial response from @FluffyPandas99 was so relatable and appropriate I don't have any more to add to that.

I was just wondering whether there had been an update from @awesomeminecraft6789 if you've started to tell your partner how you feel? <3

I would but you see the problem is we've broken up now and I'm very bitter about it and haven't talked to her since but if we were I definitely would have thanks for the advice tho โค๏ธ