Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hello.

GryphonGryphon Posts: 1 Just got here
Greetings. Hahah. My name is Jeremy and I am a person struggling with a lot of of things. Loneliness, I would say depression but I haven’t been diagnosed so I don’t know. I’m pretty sure I had an anxiety disorder and it’s been really hard for me because I’m a very social person but I don’t have many friends atm cause my senior year was when COVID started and the people were a bad influence. Which is why I had no opportunity to meet new people unfortunately. I’ve tried online and I never end up getting somewhere. And I see all my “friends” together and other older friends with their crews and hanging and I hate feeling this way, but I feel jealous about what they have. The friendships, the loyalty. In fact, I’ve never really had it. A best friend. I don’t know what that is. My so called “best friends” only made my life depressing. They betrayed me and made me feel bad and abandoned me in the dark times. Ah. And then I see all these people making friends and talking and then there’s couples. The new ones. I don’t get how that happens in Covid. Literally barely go out with anyone. I feel like the last time I went out with friends or anyone was last year. And that’s a lot of time without any human contact, you know? I don’t want to keep writing stuff cause I feel like I’ll just burden you or something. If anybody read this, I thank you for it. And I’m sorry for all of it because it can be a lot sometimes. Well. I don’t know what really happens after you do this so I’ll just wait.

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Jeremy welcome to the mix!

I totally hear your struggles this is a really rough time for loneliness ❤️

I hope you find your time here helpful.

Along with the boards there is also group chat running every night, General and support where you can meet other people :)

And there is a watch club going on weekly now the first movie is bridget jones but there's a schedule and you can sign up when you see a movie that you like :)
    https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3598581/bridget-jones-20th-anniversary-watch-club#latest

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hello, welcome to the mix
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Welcome to the mix 💛
  • Hi Jeremy, welcome! My name's Ezra and I have some of the same problems, I'm a social person who struggles to be social; my anxiety and depression make it hard for me to cope with certain social situations.

Don't feel like a burden for sharing how you feel. As someone who feels the same way you seem to feel, it felt nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks and feels like this. :)
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hello, and welcome to the Mix! <3

Please don't feel like you're burdening us with your struggles. The Mix is a safe place where you can share whatever you're going through! =)

Take your time with this platform and I hope everything goes well! :3<3
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hello Jeremy, welcome to The Mix! :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. You are not burdening us at all - we are all here to listen and support you :blush:

You can find a whole community of supportive friends over here - we care :heart: