Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Chat Thread 04.04.21

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hello
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    GreenTea wrote: »
    Hello

Hello. How are you doing?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey @GreenTea how are you doing?
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • RachaelRachael Posts: 17 Settling in
    Hi @Stephanie and @independent_ how are you both? Just went to get some food, struggling at the moment as on Wednesday my family decided they completely hate me, they're barely speaking to me and dad has stopped cooking for me as well (his way of punishing me). Thankfully I had a job interview Thursday so I'm hoping I'll be able to get out of here soon!
    Stephanie wrote: »

Tired, just got back from my friends. Was fun. How are you?
    Rachael wrote: »
    Hi @Stephanie and @independent_ how are you both? Just went to get some food, struggling at the moment as on Wednesday my family decided they completely hate me, they're barely speaking to me and dad has stopped cooking for me as well (his way of punishing me). Thankfully I had a job interview Thursday so I'm hoping I'll be able to get out of here soon!

Sorry to hear you are struggling. We are here for you. Good luck with your job interview :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Food should not be used as a reward or punishment as it can cause issues with relationships with food. I want you to know that we don't hate you. I hope that the job interview went well.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me

Tired, just got back from my friends. Was fun. How are you?

Ah that sounds nice, maybe get an early night :heart:

I’m okay thanks

Thanks @Stephanie should get feedback on Tuesday (dog grooming job so feedback on the groom I did for them) and then hear whether I got it in the next couple of weeks!
    Thanks @Stephanie should get feedback on Tuesday (dog grooming job so feedback on the groom I did for them) and then hear whether I got it in the next couple of weeks!

Fingers crossed for you, keep us posted :heart:

Thanks @Dancer I know it shouldn't and I already have a difficult relationship with food so it's making things hard at the moment, haven't had proper dinner since then, just got myself quick and easy stuff as I can't face cooking, especially with them around. I think it did, I'm doubting myself now but I know I didn't do anything really awful so hopefully it'll be good news!
    Thanks @Stephanie I definitely will!
    🙈I just feel like crying for no reason.
    Dancer wrote: »
    🙈I just feel like crying for no reason.

Sending hugs :heart:

What are people up too this week ahead?

edited April 2021
    I have been having eating struggles for about 2 or 3 years and it is something that I have been bottling up but it gets exhausting and overwhelming to constantly pretend to be okay. I have been trying to go on to Beat for support but I sometimes don't feel understood. I feel guilty, anxious and disgusted with myself at times. :( I feel alone and like things just won't get better.
    @Stephanie working, actually got dogs booked in which is nice! And then probably phoning to see if the places I'm interested in (if I get the job I'll be moving hallelujah!) allow pets, as Diamond my dog isn't going to be very happy if they don't! Job has got a creche I can take her to for free though so she won't be on her own in the house all day and she's small and doesn't shed, so hopefully they'll take that into consideration!
    What are people up too this week ahead?

I have some homework to do over the Easter holidays.

Maths: No homework
    English: No homework
    Science: Worksheets
    Sports Leadership: No homework
    Citizenship: Catch up on overdue work
    Spanish: Speaking task
    Photography: Catch up on incomplete work
    Health and Social Care: Finish coursework
    Dance: No homework
    @Dancer have you been on the group chats there? I'm not on much at the moment but I'd be happy to listen and see if I can help or understand, or join chat tomorrow and be someone you know cared if you wanted to try and get support from people ❤️
    Wish adulting wasn't so difficult
    @Dancer have you been on the group chats there? I'm not on much at the moment but I'd be happy to listen and see if I can help or understand, or join chat tomorrow and be someone you know cared if you wanted to try and get support from people ❤️

Yes I have been on the group chats there but it feels difficult to open up.

Agree @GreenTea !

What’s up? :heart:

:(

Did you try to talk and not get heard or did you feel unable to talk? It can be difficult but the community there is so supportive, you can talk about anything and people will be there for you

Found a apartment I really like but it's figuring out the financial side
    Apparently I'm working out how the boards work! Finally found the quote button haha

Found a apartment I really like but it's figuring out the financial side

Ah, could you get some advice from your bank maybe?

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Hi peeps
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.

Did you try to talk and not get heard or did you feel unable to talk? It can be difficult but the community there is so supportive, you can talk about anything and people will be there for you

I just felt unable to talk about what was going on as I struggle to trust people that I don't know very well. Thank you though.