Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Sending big hugs @Liam grief is a weird thing and it’s ok to feel however you’re feeling, I’m glad joking around is helping a bit though and we’re all here if you need to talk about anything <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hugs liam! 🤗

Grief is a weird thing and we all deal with it in different ways,
    If a cry isn't coming on could you take some time and listen to some sad songs or something?

You just take it easy and do what you think is best, the correct answer will probably come to you soon enough x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Hugs Liam ❤️ You're so incredibly strong and I know this is hard but you got this! It's completely normal to feel choked up after doing something that and it's tough when it brings back memories too. If you need a good cry, perhaps try watching a really sad film or listen to some sad music, I always think it's easy to let it out when I do those things 💛
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Aye thank you guys. It means a lot 💚I think I’m gonny watch Toy story 4 later because it’s a pure comfort film but I usually cry at the end :lol:
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Liam wrote: »
    We scattered my Dad's ashes yesterday. I've felt really weird and choked up since parting from him like that. I've found turning to my friends to joke around is helping but this choked up feeling isn't going away. I miss him an awful lot and I feel like I need a good cry but no tears are coming out lol. Idk what I want, grief is so weird.

Sending you so many hugs Liam :heart:

Grief is a process, but we are all here for you :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Rest easy baby Phoebe. You'll be missed 💔
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Struggling
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Liam wrote: »
    We scattered my Dad's ashes yesterday. I've felt really weird and choked up since parting from him like that. I've found turning to my friends to joke around is helping but this choked up feeling isn't going away. I miss him an awful lot and I feel like I need a good cry but no tears are coming out lol. Idk what I want, grief is so weird.

I've actually had a very similar experience. My dad died when I was 9 and I remember feeling like I wanted to cry but I couldn't. It takes a while to actually process something like that cause it was only after my dad had been dead for a while that it felt real to me and it was easier to feel things about it.

It isn't gonna be easy but after your brain has had some time to accept things it becomes a bit easier to cry and let things out
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Been anxious af lately. Don't know what I'm doing. Hope others are okay.
    edited April 2021
    (The link is a of oxygen monitor)
    Convo with my family

zfl2ynf3asir.jpeg
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shitttt I am online gambling oh no. I haven’t done this before I’m scared. But I’ve already deposited £30
    And I’m a few minutes I just lost £30
    Fuck my life
    I played black jack and the demo was a lot easier
    edited April 2021
    I feel like I need to try to win my money back but I think I’ll just lose more money

£30 lesson I guess and a fit of curiosity
    edited April 2021
    Saw my gp about my wound and my breathing. Said my wound needs regular checking and will need the dressing changed again on Friday

She checked my breathing and said it does seem like I’m not breathing in enough air when listening to my breathing

Prescribed me with a peak flow thingy as they’re not allowed to do them at the clinic atm due to covid. Said I should keep track of it and I can’t remember how many times I need to. Hopefully it says it on the prescription
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Facing redundancy at one of my jobs. I'm really really hoping I don't Lose this position
    It’s a sad day. Cant go swimming til my wound heals.
    My gp is changing my dressing now and she said I can’t get it wet
    edited April 2021
    Omg can book swimming now and I want to book it 😢😢😢😢😢😢😭😭😭😭omg so tempting. I could just slowly take it off and put it back on and she might not notice. Ugh. I don’t know even know what stuff they put on it. Omg. I’ve been looking forward to this
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Shush voices. Getting a little bit bugged from the non stop noise. There's is no stress like bpd stress. Tap tap tap.

• Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I keep reading over the letters, it's like an obsession. The ones I wrote on my post. I'm doing everything I can to get over everything but I can't help but think about every single thing that could've potentially made my life better.

Every version of my life goes over and over and over again in my head. I try to lose myself in watching TV shows but I end up losing the motivation to do anything else.

I'm stuck in some sort of fantasy world and it hurts when I'm not there.
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    When your health anxiety messes you up 😓
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Anxiety has Literally flared out of no where . Can’t breathe , shakey , can’t stop scratching my head and feel like I’m on the verge of death
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Sending big hugs @Millie2787 anxiety is the worst hope it settles soon <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    edited April 2021
    Must be pretty accurate for them both to say the same BPM

I’ve got a headache maybe why it’s quite low

j228ooscdr5u.jpeg

Edit
    Re did it just to see cause quite low. Gone even lower

9ig5q44f3tlg.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.