Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I hate myself more than everyone hates me.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Sending massive hugs @Eleanor <3<3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    I am not ok.
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @liam *wipes away the tears* that was so sweet ❤️ your words really mean a lot so thank you. It's so easy to lose sight and just to want to give up. You're right, I wouldnt change what happened because it has made me me but sometimes it's awful to think about and it's like being caught in a Web. I love helping other people because I know I appreciate it so much when people help me, I think I just need to turn some of that love on myself sometimes and take care of myself a little more

I hope you're doing okay too pal 💛
    Alis propriis volat 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hugs everyone ❤️

You got this Zen it's awful when you can't get any sleep, I'm glad you got the diagnosis but I understand how difficult it can be, remember you're not alone with your crowded thoughts and I hope you can get some sleep x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Thank you so much @Laine ❤️
    Alis propriis volat 
    Just want a physical hug tbh. I'm really really struggling at the moment. I have been all week but I've been busy. I'm tired of putting on fake smiles. Its mentally exhausting pretending to me ok when you aren't. I feel like I can't do anything without being in the wrong at the moment. Self harming on a more regular basis. Feel like my meds are just making me worse. Im sat out on the door step with a cider in hand crying into the cold night.. fearing what tomorrow will bring. Can't handle anymore shit. I honestly can't. I wish I was understood. I wish my anxiety wasn't invalidated daily. I wish I just mattered. I feel like everyone around me wants me dead and I'm starting to feel like my existence isn't worth it anymore.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Eleanor wrote: »
    @liam *wipes away the tears* that was so sweet ❤️ your words really mean a lot so thank you. It's so easy to lose sight and just to want to give up. You're right, I wouldnt change what happened because it has made me me but sometimes it's awful to think about and it's like being caught in a Web. I love helping other people because I know I appreciate it so much when people help me, I think I just need to turn some of that love on myself sometimes and take care of myself a little more

I hope you're doing okay too pal 💛

You’re so right, giving up just sounds so easy sometimes. Especially when every day just feels like a never ending struggle but I believe in you and I know you’ve got the strength to push through the bad days. Good days will come, and they will make everything seem sooo worth it. I agree that you should turn some of that love onto yourself more. Maybe let those walls down a little bit and be open to getting support from others rather than always being the person to give it out. It’s alright to share some of that weight, you know?

💛

edited April 2021
    @Liam You're probably right, it'd probably help to reach out a little more and I agree, good days will come. Its seems strange sharing it 🤣

Hugs to anyone else who needs them too, I don't think I'm the best person to offer words of wisdom right now, but sending hugs
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Who’s leeyum🤣
    You know what, idk. I've got this friend eleeynor whos a tad bit dyslexic x
    Alis propriis volat 
    This is the worst my anxiety has been for a good while now. I can’t sleep because the thoughts are just going round in my head and I keep going all shaky and weird.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    edited April 2021
    Wide awake. Thank you anxiety and thoughts. Still really upset tbh and receiving threats just aren't nice. :/ Wish my safe spaces felt safe to reach out properly in
    I’m honestly struggling. I was doing so well but the past few days haven’t been good and I just need a hug lol I’m functioning on hardly any sleep too which doesn’t help
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    @independent_ Special surprise for you ... it’s a massive Louie hug
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Awwwww @Millie2787 those are the best <3
    I’m honestly struggling. I was doing so well but the past few days haven’t been good and I just need a hug lol I’m functioning on hardly any sleep too which doesn’t help

Sending hugs.
    My brother's fiancee is in hospital really poorly. I'm worried about her. I'm also worried about my brother because he's gone silent on everyone and I know he's hurting because he can't be with her because of covid... Part of me wants to break lockdown rules and jump on a train to London to see if my brother is ok
  • SkyeSkye Posts: 103 The Mix Convert
    I realized how lonely I am. I have a lot to talk about but no one to talk to. I feel annoying always messaging people first. Then when I say I don't have friends, there are people who get offended. But the said people are no where to be seen when I need them the most.
    Won't you come over and watch the stars with me?

Skye wrote: »
    I realized how lonely I am. I have a lot to talk about but no one to talk to. I feel annoying always messaging people first. Then when I say I don't have friends, there are people who get offended. But the said people are no where to be seen when I need them the most.

I can totally relate to this.. and when you stop messaging first you get the whole "you don't talk to me" comments.. friendships are a 2 way thing.
    Hope you are ok. Here if you need a chat
    Really anxious to go to work 🥺
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • SkyeSkye Posts: 103 The Mix Convert
    GreenTea wrote: »
    Skye wrote: »

I can totally relate to this.. and when you stop messaging first you get the whole "you don't talk to me" comments.. friendships are a 2 way thing.
    Hope you are ok. Here if you need a chat

It does really suck to have many friends but not a actual real friend. I agree about friendship being 2 way thing and I'm tried of trying on my end. It feels hopeless sometimes. But thank you, I'm here for you too @GreenTea
    Won't you come over and watch the stars with me?

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    My mum has been having complications after the operation that she had nearly 3 weeks ago.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Sending so many hugs to all those who need them right now :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Today has been tough and I'm worried that it's getting worse. I had a really vivid image pop up yesterday and thought about writing notes. I also spoke to my friend and later admitted how I felt but not to the full extent because I really didn't want to cry. I have hold it together but it's hard.

Have another shift at work today . I really don’t want to go the thought of going just makes me feel sick now . I hate it there but I have no choice but to stay . There’s nothing worse than being in a job that your parents forced you into and now you’ve have to stay because you’ve got bills to pay and universities to save for
This discussion has been closed.