Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are you proud of during this year of lockdowns?

Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
To put it simply, it's been a pretty strange past 12 months. 3 national lockdowns, more tiers than a wedding cake, schools opening and then closing constantly. Despite all this, young people have been incredible in making change in their communities and so we've pulled together a video outlining these achievements. Interested to know what you think of it:

https://youtu.be/FwJs849iZtw

I also think it is important to celebrate your own personal achievements. These can be things that are seemingly small, but are big for us personally. Let us know the things you are proud of over the past 12 months 🎊
FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'm proud of staying in work.. I could of been furloughed but I wasn't. Ive been going in every day to help keep vunerable children happy and safe. I've been through changes within my job, such as the new covid policy. I really struggle with change but I've managed well
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I’m proud of working for the NHS, I’ve been doing my placement year and it’s not been easy working unpaid whilst COVID is going on, but I absolutely love my job and I’m so proud of myself for doing my placement year.
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    GreenTea wrote: »
    I'm proud of staying in work.. I could of been furloughed but I wasn't. Ive been going in every day to help keep vunerable children happy and safe. I've been through changes within my job, such as the new covid policy. I really struggle with change but I've managed well

This is awesome GT, change is challenging in it's own right without throwing in a pandemic to the equation. Really cool that you are able to see this as a proud moment <3
    Dandelion wrote: »
    I’m proud of working for the NHS, I’ve been doing my placement year and it’s not been easy working unpaid whilst COVID is going on, but I absolutely love my job and I’m so proud of myself for doing my placement year.

What a year to be doing a placement! Thank you for everything you have done to help the NHS through this all 🌈🌈🌈
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    I'm proud to be a support worker for the elderly in my job, the residents haven't been able to see their families for a very long time, and with dementia it's been very challenging, with staff having to wear PPE and they don't see our smiles. Us being their family when their families couldn't visit. Proud to be doing something so rewarding. :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Love this @Stephanie - such an important job in normal times but even more so during a pandemic. Thank you for all you have done <3

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I’m proud of the fact that I’ve got a place at university for September! Helped staff and residents at work get through a pretty big outbreak of covid and I sat with a resident in there final moments to ensure they wasn’t alone .
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Stephanie wrote: »
    I'm proud to be a support worker for the elderly in my job, the residents haven't been able to see their families for a very long time, and with dementia it's been very challenging, with staff having to wear PPE and they don't see our smiles. Us being their family when their families couldn't visit. Proud to be doing something so rewarding. :heart:

That is really kind and I am glad that you feel proud of doing what you are doing. <3
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    I’m proud of the fact that I’ve got a place at university for September! Helped staff and residents at work get through a pretty big outbreak of covid and I sat with a resident in there final moments to ensure they wasn’t alone .

Well done for getting a university place and for also sitting with a resident during their final moments so they didn't have to be alone. You are very thoughtful
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Dancer wrote: »
    Millie2787 wrote: »

Well done for getting a university place and for also sitting with a resident during their final moments so they didn't have to be alone. You are very thoughtful

Agree with Dancer here, amazing news to have got a uni place, such a culmination of a lot of hard work :3

That's also a really powerful moment to have been there for someone at that stage of life <3

• ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    I'm proud of starting university despite the fact the first year has quite frankly sucked (thank you covid x) and I started volunteering here at The Mix and on a crisis text line which has been awesome. I think mostly I'm proud of just making it through, and I think everyone else should be too - lockdowns are so hard but everyone's done so well. There was a wee appreciation thing on the news the other day which was so wholesome, I'll link it here
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    aww that's soo lovely @Eleanor, we're all super proud of you too. In fact we made out our own appreciation of all the cool things you guys have done in the last year despite covid. You can watch it here
    edited April 2021
    Smh @Eleanor and @Emma_
    rickrolling eachother.
    Post edited by TheMix on
    edited April 2021
    @Emma_ oh emma oh emma oh emma, what do you take me for! I'm not stupid but you might regret your futile attempt x
    Post edited by Zen on
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    @Eleanor I'm really not sure what you're on about here 😱

hope you're liking the name changes about x x
    Eleanor wrote: »
    I'm proud of starting university despite the fact the first year has quite frankly sucked (thank you covid x) and I started volunteering here at The Mix and on a crisis text line which has been awesome. I think mostly I'm proud of just making it through, and I think everyone else should be too - lockdowns are so hard but everyone's done so well. There was a wee appreciation thing on the news the other day which was so wholesome, I'll link it here

Echoing what @Emma_ said, a lot to be proud of here and agree, it takes a lot of resilience at times just to be keeping on and we should be celebrating this fact a lot more, both through things like COVID and more generally
    I had my coffee this morning Ellie so didn't click, but don't forget that this also only takes a click ;)
    giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4742el9wzhmw45g8ghaiv0l4yjff45niuh78jpdd5k&rid=giphy.gif

You wouldn't dare, you forget I know your boss 😡
    Alis propriis volat 
    edited April 2021
    Lol. Is rickrolling actually an option as to why someone is being banned
    Emma_ wrote: »
    @Eleanor I'm really not sure what you're on about here 😱

hope you're liking the name changes about x x

I like the name changes.

Ha, no, don't worry, otherwise I would have been banned a long time ago!

Beg to differ :triumph:
    Alis propriis volat 
    edited April 2021
    Ed_ wrote: »

Ha, no, don't worry, otherwise I would have been banned a long time ago!

:p