Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Describe how you are feeling about coming out of lockdown in a GIF

Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
So we are slowly on the road out of the latest lockdown with schools now re-open and also being able to meet one person in public socially. If things go to plan, then we will see step-wise increases in restrictions lifted and I can appreciate this may bring up a whole spectrum of emotions and feelings. Thought it would be useful to have a thread to explore how people are feeling. Have a go at looking for a GIF that represents your current feelings and post below. Do add further GIFs as your feelings change, will be interested to see how things change over a period of time :3

Where to find GIFs and how to upload
  • Go to a website such as Giphy, and search based on the words that describe your feeling
  • choose your GIF by clicking on it. When it opens, right click and select 'copy image address'
  • Paste the image address into the image URL bar that appears when you click 'attach image':
    waj9ryqho1t4.png

FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Ah, that's a really good one @Eleanor - am getting strong vibes of that balance between really wanting to run straight into things but then realising some of the reasons we locked down in the first place!
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Dancer wrote: »

This feels like me every Monday morning!
    Laine wrote: »

I'm sensing a bit of ambivalence/lack of trust in the plan, is that right Laine?
    Aidan wrote: »
    giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e479gxqiklp5pgf772yafdfgazyenif8ofjsaa0nmj9&rid=giphy.gif

Am with you on this Aidan, has felt like a very long slog this time around. On a side note, I absolutely love that film!

• ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    I also like this one but it's not a GIF (hope that's not against the rules Ed 🤣)

But it's like "bread", "bread roll"

"lock", "lockdown"

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeAWgkwg/
    Alis propriis volat 
    DID YOU BAN ME :joy:
    Alis propriis volat 
    Eleanor wrote: »
    I also like this one but it's not a GIF (hope that's not against the rules Ed 🤣)

But it's like "bread", "bread roll"

"lock", "lockdown"

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeAWgkwg/

6hznteumrcdu.png

sfmvjllfb8tr.png

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    You guessed absolutely right Ed you're good at this gif reading 😂

Half of me is excited to go get a costa, the other half is reluctant given the other ones haha

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    giphy.gif

chickens planes

#JusticeForEleanor
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited March 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited March 2021
    @Eleanor - Live pictures of me right now #JusticeForEleanor

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e477k6a4at2wl0oshve29ydd0vifn31ktkikde90i3c&rid=giphy.gif

Laine wrote: »
    You guessed absolutely right Ed you're good at this gif reading 😂

Half of me is excited to go get a costa, the other half is reluctant given the other ones haha

What can I say, I have spent a lot of time on the internet in lockdown :lol: - Perhaps I can make a media career out of it popping up on various breakfast tv shows to decipher GIF based news if that is ever a thing.
    LorryTruck wrote: »
    l7z0o3slxz5l.png

Sending support your way @LorryTruck - is there something in particular about the easing of lockdown restrictions that is making you feel this way? We are all here for you <3

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Emma_ wrote: »
    giphy.gif

chickens planes

#JusticeForEleanor

#JusticeForEleanor
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    edited March 2021
    oh no no no @Ed_ You'll soon learn. This isn't over sonny jim

giphy.gif
    Alis propriis volat 
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    uqvd68ya02od.gif
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited March 2021
    @LorryTruck Ah, I hear you on that, can appreciate that will be an added stress to going back to in person learning. Have you tried speaking to teachers about whether you would be able to do more typing of work rather than writing?

Emoji246 wrote: »
    uqvd68ya02od.gif

Interesting, is this more a reflection of how long lockdown has been or to do with not being confident with the plan to ease it?

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I can't get it to post properly so just posting the link

https://giphy.com/gifs/freedom-AyhyKY14ZXfxe
    LorryTruck wrote: »
    @Ed_ it doesnt really work like that at our school, we basically do all work in books. and also the corridors are awful at lesson changeover, its like a monkey enclosure in a zoo, literally. i was offered a leave class early pass, but whats the point if there will still be people in the corridors.

i wish we could type

Ah, that sounds really tricky, would the pass mean there were less people in the corridors than when everyone is moving about?

GreenTea wrote: »

Definitely can relate to the sense of relief in this GIF! What things are you looking forward to doing that we haven't been able to during lockdown?

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    v4rx3ti6ep5a.gif
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Ed_ wrote: »

Definitely can relate to the sense of relief in this GIF! What things are you looking forward to doing that we haven't been able to during lockdown?

Seeing family. Haven't seen my dad since Christmas 2019 ( deployment has a part to play in that too)..same as my grandparents
    I really miss my family.
    I also really miss my brother's fiancee, she's amazing and we talk so much. I really miss seeing her in person.
    Also cant wait to go to London and see my brother tbh.

I just really miss family. It's been really hard not to see them.
    Liam wrote: »
    v4rx3ti6ep5a.gif

Seems like you are not too keen on lockdown ending, Liam? 😅

Ed_ wrote: »

Seeing family. Haven't seen my dad since Christmas 2019 ( deployment has a part to play in that too)..same as my grandparents
    I really miss my family.
    I also really miss my brother's fiancee, she's amazing and we talk so much. I really miss seeing her in person.
    Also cant wait to go to London and see my brother tbh.

I just really miss family. It's been really hard not to see them.

Ah yeah that sounds really exhausting to have gone this long without seeing people that matter to us, really hope you are able to see people that matter to you soon GT <3 Lockdowns have been a bit of a marathon but remembering that we have almost made it through this one can be a good reminder of the strength we have, whilst also allowing ourselves to feel quite exhausted with it all.

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    8kwvb87r0kax.gif
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.