Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

home life

Kesh260807Kesh260807 Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
i don't know if im in the right section but i wiil says somethings 

everytime my mum has been to strict she wants me to learn all the time. it all she ever wants me to do. even if i touch my ohone for  a second she shouts at me and im getting really annyoed it like im not even allowed to check my phone for work she always thinks all i do is watch my phone. when i spoke out she got really mad at me and told me to never do it again. she then speaks about how im being ungratefull for apperently not studying beciase my dad works alot for us and i have to repay him by studying
You are loved and you are amazing

Comments

• DistractionDistraction Posts: 439 Listening Ear
    edited February 2021
    Thats a lot to take on <3 ,

It sounds really frustrating to have to deal with and I can somewhat relate, I'm sorry you have to put up with this

Can you two maybe work out a schedule for during the week where you focus on your work but then can also have down time in the evening and weekends, do you think she would listen to something like that? 

It's not healthy to study/work all the time, its actually been shown that down time helps with learning, when kids speak out to their parents they often see it as back chat (not matter how old you are) but its not the case its just trying to have a conversation with them, the thing is if they don't like what they hear then they often just think its their children being rude, it can be a really difficult balance where no one feels like they are being heard 

It sounds like a lot of pressure on you and it's quite nasty she's saying that you're ungrateful in this situation, especially because you're being pushed to study so much 
  • Kesh260807Kesh260807 Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
    Thats a lot to take on <3 ,

It sounds really frustrating to have to deal with and I can somewhat relate, I'm sorry you have to put up with this

Can you two maybe work out a schedule for during the week where you focus on your work but then can also have down time in the evening and weekends, do you think she would listen to something like that? 

It's not healthy to study/work all the time, its actually been shown that down time helps with learning, when kids speak out to their parents they often see it as back chat (not matter how old you are) but its not the case its just trying to have a conversation with them, the thing is if they don't like what they hear then they often just think its their children being rude, it can be a really difficult balance where no one feels like they are being heard 

It sounds like a lot of pressure on you and it's quite nasty she's saying that you're ungrateful in this situation, especially because you're being pushed to study so much 

thank you but i dont think she will ever agree to something like that
    You are loved and you are amazing